Skip navigation
datastream8
Currently Being Moderated

How to always show rulers in Photoshop CS5 and other problems

Apr 24, 2011 7:00 AM

Does anyone know how to make Photoshop CS5 always show rulers in mac? I have not have this issue with any other PS. I need the rulers to drag guides contantly, but photoshop cs5 would not show the rulers automatically. Everytime I have to go to View --> Show rulers or the shortcut command + R. Is there a way to instruct Photoshop to always show rules with any file I open or create?

I have many other issues with Photoshop CS5 that CS2, 3, and 4 had out of the box... It is very frustrating that I spent all this money and instead of working, I have been on the phone with Adobe for hours... I am very disappointed so far.

I have had CS5 Master's Collection for 2 months now on Mac 10.6.7. I have reinstalled Photoshop 3 times as some shortcuts were not working like shift plus scroll to inscrease to 100%, 200%, etc.

The other thing that still does not work and Adobe has not offered a solution is that my Photoshop would not append extensions. Regardless of the Preferences settings, all my files get saved as JPG instead of jpg... I wonder if any of you out there have this issue as well?

Thank you.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 24, 2011 10:07 AM   in reply to datastream8

I've never had any of those issues.

Is your OS and user account healthy? Have you checked them?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 27, 2011 5:40 AM   in reply to datastream8

I assume you've tried trashing your preferences? (reinstalling the program does NOT reset the preferences)

http://forums.adobe.com/message/1547211#1547211

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 6, 2011 10:14 PM   in reply to datastream8

I'm not sure if you got it figured out or not, but i was having the same problem.  When I figured it out i was so mad that it was this easy.  Go to View.  Almost 3/4 of the way down you will see rulers.  Just click it and that's it.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 8, 2011 12:01 PM   in reply to ChrsZiehm

Funny how the easy answers can piss you off so, Eh?

The Ghost of Johnny.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points