• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Computer keeps asking me to install Flash Player 10.2

Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2011 Apr 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have both a desktop and a laptop running Windows 7 64-bit. I was using IE8 (32-bit) when I first updated to 10.2, but now I am using IE9 (32-bit). Neither computer has ever had issues running Flash content within my browser, but every few days I get a prompt that says something along the lines of "Flash Player 10.2 is now available. Would you like to download it?"  Afer the download, I always run the installation which completes with no errors. The weird thing is that both of my computers currently have version 10.2.159.1 and the version never changes after the installation. I have searched online for solutions to this issue, but the only thing I can find are forum postings that were written in 2008 or earlier regarding previous versions of Flash Player. Is this an issue with Flash Player in general, or did something go wrong with the installation on both of my computers?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 27, 2011 Apr 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, The first thing I would do is check in the addons of the browser for Shockwave Flash Object. Make sure it is Enabled.

I use the Adobe Flash Player prompt and always check the addons, so have never had another prompt appear.

See if that is the issue.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines