Skip navigation
brunjest
Currently Being Moderated

9.0.3 Upgrade Fails on Vista

Apr 30, 2011 5:36 PM

I have PSE 9.0 installed and working on my Vista machine.

I tried to use the upgrade to PSE 9.0.3, it is failing with

Adobe Photoshop Elements 9.0.3 Update
  Patch cannot be applied. Please contact product support.

I have tried to schedule a callback, and adobe website says callback is not available.

I have tried to use chat, and that also did not work, adobe website says no chat agent was available both times I have waited for an hour but no luck.

Any ideas where else to look??

Note that I have Adobe Premiere Elements 9.0 and that upgrade worked just fine.

thanks for any pointers on where to get help for this.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 30, 2011 9:42 PM   in reply to brunjest

See if this helps:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/899/cpsid_89987.html

MTSTUNER

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2011 11:47 PM   in reply to brunjest

Did the link shared by MTSTUNER helped? Let us know.

Regards,

Ankush

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2011 9:41 AM   in reply to brunjest

I thought by now Adobe would have features to share to facebook, email etc.

Can't help with your other questions and suggest you start one or more new threads to get them resolved.  PSE9 does support sharing to Facebook, though.

Juergen

|
    Mark as:
    May 9, 2011 7:13 AM   in reply to brunjest

Hi Todd,

1. Organizer refreshes its imagewell on each launch. Since your catalog has a number of files (7000) so it might take some time for generating thumbnails.

2. However to improve performance, I would suggest turning of Auto Analyser unless you want to use it implicitly. To turn off, go to Edit>Preferences>Media Analysis and uncheck all media auto snalyser options.

3. Also regarding the 2GB limit : this is the free media storage space you get on you Photoshop.com account as a basic user. You may choose to upgrade member ship by going to Edit>Preferences>Backup/Synchronization and choose Buy More Space. You may choose from the various options available to proceed.

4. If you want to turn off back up/sync permamantly then go to Backup/Sync Preferences , expand Advannced Backup/Sync Options and uncheck option 'New Albums will backup/sync automatically' . Then uncheck the option Backup/Sync is On. This should resolve the issue of sync getting turned on automatically each time

Hope that helps. Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 8, 2011 5:25 PM   in reply to brunjest

I have the same problem as Brunjest (unable to update 9.0.3), but when I tried to go to EDIT/Preferences/BackupSync without being "logged in" - there are no "options" or means to turn-off backup - the screen says I need to login. When I go to the same screen after logging in, there is still no information to "turn off BackupSync" - just an empty screen. Worse, if I press OK or even Cancel - it starts to backup to online. I've got 50,000 photos and don't want it to try to backup. I would like to get 9.0.3 but it keeps failing (I was hoping the update would clear my printing problem - everything prints with a blue cast when requested from PSE 9.0 - other programs print OK.)  Anyway, I also tried calling, waiting to chat, etc. Very frustrated. Hope I posted this right. It's my first day!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points