• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xC000007B)"

Explorer ,
May 04, 2011 May 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bear w/ me...the beginning is a bit long...

My old computer died a slow, painful death. I finally could not stand the constant crashes and recoveries, so I sprung for a new, triple-nasty, double-hang-down Win 7 box. I had a legal copy of LR 3.3 on the old computer along with LOTS of other stuff...I pulled the old C: drive out and installed it in the new box. All my LR catalogs and pix were in the F: drive on the old box, but I was unsuccessful at moving that drive over...it caused the new BIOS or OS to crash after POST (with some strange video ramifications), so I had a guy copy that stuff to a folder in the C: drive. I'll get a new drive and transfer it over later.

The new box is running Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit on a Core i7-2600K 3.4 GHz quad-core processor. I think that the 64-bit version of LR 3.4 is failing...but not sure?

During the time I'm futzing with the computers, Adobe releases 3.4.

My problem is how to get LR 3.4 installed on my new box?

I've got my Serial number (but never got far enough to use it). I've tried to download 3.4 twice, using Chrome and IE. It appears to work. I install it...appears to work. I try to launch it...get an error:

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xC000007B)"

I tried calling Adobe, but the call never went through. I've searched a dozen sites for some help but all I found was some cryptic stuff about:

"Go to the CS5 LICENCE RECOVERY folder then the DLL FILE folder and then copy the original 32/64/both dll files and paste and replace the ones in

the Adobe programe directory."

Is that English? 😉

Another site suggested substituting amtlib.dll for amtlib64.dll, then renaming it to be amtlib.dll. I looked for these files and only found a amtlib.dll associated with PSE9...none related to LR3.4! Looked on both the new and old boot drives. NADA!

I'd love some help...

TIA

Message title was edited by: Brett N

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 11, 2011 May 11, 2011

Chuxter has fixed the issue by reinstalling his OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the wiki-errors one before and it didn't work. Tried it again. Same result.

The Microsoft page had a link to their Windows Installer Cleanup Utility...when I clicked on it, the page was not found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I can't help more (Mac user) but do suggest you ask at Lightroomforums.net where there are some gurus with PC in depth knowledge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 05, 2011 May 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW, Jeoff, that has to be one of the worst websites I have ever seen. I spent about 10 minutes just trying to get past the registration page! Every time I tried to register, it had deleted some of the information and I had to go back and supply it again...then it deleted something else! I almost thought it was a prank site that was intended to frustrate anyone who tried to register. At one point, I put "Jeoff the kiwi" as my referrer, but it didn't like your name for some reason? Then to rub salt into the wound, instead of deleting your name, it did the opposite...even when I deleted it, it put it BACK the next pass through! But I finally seemed to get everything entered to their satisfaction (but w/o a referrer), only to realize that some human had to "approve" my membership. Sigh...

I'll wait to see if I get "approved" and then try the group for a solution. What some of those gurus should do while they are waiting for me to ask them my questions is to fix the website! 😉

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just an update. There is good news and bad news...

Good News: I received my Lightroom Forums "approval" rather quickly.

Bad News: 1) My User Name and Password (the ones it took 10 minutes to get their registration page software to accept) didn't work! I'm sure the User Name is correct because "Victoria" used it on the e-mail I got telling me that I had been "accepted", so I'm guessing the password is wrong. 2) I still have not gotten LR 3.4 to run. Grrr...

Thanks again for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another update...

I called Adobe TS again and got them this time...spent 2 hours on the phone talking to a nice lady in the Philippines. She could not "fix" the problem...sent me to Microsoft...thinks it's a Win 7 64-bit issue. I'll try Unka Bill's guys tomorrow.

If anybody here wants to jump in, please do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2011 May 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It didn't like the referrer name because he's KiwiGeoff on Lightroom Forums.  There's no human approval procedure, you'll be pleased to know, just a check through later.

And thanks to your report we've completely reworked the registration page, so further registrations shouldn't have the same problem.  Thanks for letting us know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I too noticed his different name...wonder why? I'm "Chuxter" almost

everywhere.

I appreciate your positive attitude to my bad OBE report. I only notice one

issue: You haven't asked the bearer of bad news to check your work. :-0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

chuxterchuxter wrote:

I only notice one issue: You haven't asked the bearer of bad news to check your work. :-0

Funnily enough, I was just thinking the same.  If you're up for testing, I'd love to get your feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 09, 2011 May 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. I'm enough of a clutz that I can almost always break something.

Changing the subject, I have posted replies to a couple of posts (in my thread) over on LightroomForums.net and haven't seen them show up? And I have new info that I'd like to share, but am waiting to see the previous posts show up before I load the stack...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chuxter, there is nothing new on Lrforums, can you illuminate us please. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried at length to download the latest ATI driver. I may have succeeded? Here is my confusion:

When I put the AMD Graphics Card Driver CD in, the application that launches says that my driver is NOT up to date. Yet, when I go to the MS site and have them check my video driver, they say it's up to date. I tend to think that AMD should have the more timely answer?

SO, I download the AMD/ATI Catalyst Control Center and check for updates, it shows Version 11.5, which doesn't correlate w/ the driver Version numbers. I download Catalyst and seem to install the driver, but nothing changes...by that I mean that MS still says I'm up-to-date and AMD says I'm NOT.

For reference, my driver says it's Version 8.841...I THINK this driver is the latest?

I have used the Direct-X Diagnostic Tool and it finds no problems w/ my drivers.

Bottom Line: When I launch LR 3.4 64-bit, it fails just as when I started this thread... 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2011 May 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chuxter has fixed the issue by reinstalling his OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 12, 2011 May 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Geoff...

Yes, I got it working via a cold install, so I have been very busy trying to get back to where I was 2 weeks ago.

I'm not sure that any of the other factors were real, IE, if the video driver version was contributing to the failure? BUT, I'm currently running with Version 8.821 of the video driver...haven't worked up the courage to go to 8.841 (yet).

Thanks to you and everyone who helped!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2011 Aug 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem on my machine which drove me nuts. After trying various registry cleaners, I got some helpful IT support from the supplier of my PC which provided the info below which solved the 0xc000007b error.

First I unistalled the CS5 suite using the following products - http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html
Secondly I ran the sfc /scannow scan listed below which fixed several errors on my machine
Thirdly, I restarted my machine and re-installed the suite   (its worth a try and you have nothing to lose since it saved me from installing the OS from scratch)

About - sfc /scannow

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833
1.Open an elevated command prompt. To do this, click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
2.Type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow

The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2012 Dec 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Based on user suggestions and feedback we have updated our documentation on this issue with some new solutions.

http://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/error-unable-start-correctly-0xc00 007b.html

We are locking this thread. If you have more questions or still are seeing the error, please continue the discussion on this thread: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4836005

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines