Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

CS 5.5 VST plugins

May 5, 2011 5:17 PM

Several  32-bit plugins that worked in AA 3 now show as disabled in CS 5.5.  Additionally, CS 5.5 identifies these plugins as 7.1 plugins.  They work with stereo tracks and should be enabled under the stereo grouping.  Is  this a bug, or does CS 5.5 have different requirements for VST plugins?

Thanks,

Steve

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 6, 2011 11:06 PM   in reply to Steve C2

izotope Ozone went without problems,

after loading WAVES Diamond, nothing works in trial version......

it took only 5 times re-load, and now it works, let's hope it was just trial version problem

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2011 8:03 AM   in reply to Steve C2

Hi Steve,

interesting to know about Voxengo - it is getting very popular.....

On positive side, now i can view multiple VST at same time when they are in Rack.

In my case it was maybe issue Windows 7 64 bit and Waves are V6 extended,

maybe V7, V8 works without problems, would be nice to see some feedback

about newer versions.

and funny part is, all WAVES got loaded as MONO & STEREO, so list is double,

compare to what it was in AU1.5 and AU3.0

|
    Mark as:
  • SteveG(AudioMasters)
    5,602 posts
    Oct 26, 2006
    May 7, 2011 1:15 PM   in reply to Steve C2

Steve C2 wrote:

I contacted Voxengo for their response and I was told that they have notified Adobe that Voxengo's multichannel plugins do not work with CS 5.5.  While this response might suggest that the issue is related to how Audition has changed, I am not willing to conclude this yet.

As an experiment, I tried Voxengo's Precise audio delaying plugin - because it's free and is multichannel. In the book it says that it's quite happy to work as a stereo delay, and also that it supports a few rather more useful things, like MS adjustments, etc. But with a two-channel (stereo) recording, you cannot apply it - it shows up as a greyed-out 7:1 plugin. So I'd say that there's a good chance that something certainly is astray - but in the past manufacturers have claimed that it was Audition, and then promptly found out to their embarassment that it wasn't Audition at all, but them. The problem often turns out to be that Adobe interprets the VST guidelines quite rigorously, but a few plugin manufacturers seem to take shortcuts - simply because they think they can get away with it. In this instance I can see distinct possibilities from both sides...

I honestly don't know which way around it is at present - it really could be either party, quite frankly. We will have to await developments...

|
    Mark as:
  • SteveG(AudioMasters)
    5,602 posts
    Oct 26, 2006
    May 7, 2011 1:23 PM   in reply to SteveG(AudioMasters)

Do you know of, or have, any other multichannel plugins that should work in stereo as well, but don't? Might help to pin down what's going on here.

|
    Mark as:
  • SteveG(AudioMasters)
    5,602 posts
    Oct 26, 2006
    May 7, 2011 1:59 PM   in reply to SteveG(AudioMasters)

I wrote:

I honestly don't know which way around it is at present - it really could be either party, quite frankly. We will have to await developments...

Further investigation now indicates that it's not looking so good for Adobe. If you open the Precise audio delay plugin in AA3.0.1 it opens up fine - even gives you an option to limit its operation to work with hosts that don't support multichannel VSTs properly. So I set that, and then tried it in AA4 again. Still no joy. I'll file it.

*update* It's now in the bug system.

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2011 4:30 PM   in reply to Steve C2

Hi Steve,

for now it seems to work fine, main problem was to load it in and it was 1 of "shell dll"

what was taking forever to be recognized by AU and crash after 2 minutes.

In few days i will prune some moduls what are useless for me from that bundle

and re-load it again with some detailed feedback to Adobe.

It will be interesting to know, how CLICKFIX from Jefferey Klein works in new AU 5.5 ?

In all old versions it was inserted directly to AU tools (not as VST), and if Click/Crackle

tool in AU was not doing job, CLICKFIX was great. To me, that tool should be as standard

part of every new version of AU.

cheers

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 5, 2011 5:20 PM   in reply to Steve C2

Yes it changed. Wouldn't it be a simple fix for Audition Engineers to just enable multichannel (7.1, 5.1, 4.0, other configs) plugins to be availble as lower channel config plugs (5.1, 2.0) ?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 6, 2011 1:47 AM   in reply to junh1024

Unfortunately what may seem simple to those not involved in the programming I suspect that

there is a lot more to it than that.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points