Skip navigation
zei-mgilvey
Currently Being Moderated

Custom Metadata in Bridge CS5

May 10, 2011 6:08 AM

Greetings,

I have been using bridge to organize photos and other assets that already have their own set of metadata that I do not want to change. Is there any way to add my own panel or information so it is distictly separate. The information I want to put in here would only be relevant to the company I am working for, for example, perhaps we use different words to describe something in the image. Is it possible to add such a thing? Perhaps I have to work with what is already in the photo? What kind of strategies do you use for this?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 10, 2011 3:38 PM   in reply to zei-mgilvey

Would File Info serve your needs?  Can add description, author, and lots of other stuff.

|
    Mark as:
    May 12, 2011 10:33 AM   in reply to zei-mgilvey

If you want 2 seperate metadata info files, you probably need to make 2 copies of image.  You can add a character in front or back to of all company images to want to have duplicate data.  Make the defining symbol the same for all images so easy to sort this way.

|
    Mark as:
    May 12, 2011 1:26 PM   in reply to zei-mgilvey

Custom data can be added, the problem is that custom means different thing to different people. So Adobe has given you the option of scripting, this will allow you to create your own custom fields.

For details download the Software Development Kit from..

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/bridge.html

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points