Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

FMLE 3.1/3.2 crash with "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library" message

May 12, 2011 3:36 AM

Hello!

My FMLE 3.1/3.2 crash on W7 x64 system when I click Video Capture device settings. But if audio checkbox unchecked (audio disabled) it work fine (without audio).

FMLE 3.0 work fine with audio.

Error:

===

Microsoft Visual С + + Runtime Library

Assertion failed!

Program:...

File: .\inpin.cpp

Line: 535

Expression: SUCCEEDED(hr)

For information on how your program can cause an assertion

failure, see the Visual С + + documentation on asserts

(Press Retry to debug the application - JIT must be enabled)

===

Logs:

=================================================================

File: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Flash Media Live Encoder 3.2\FlashMediaLiveEncoder.exe

Description: Adobe® Flash® Media Live Encoder

Copyright: © 2009 - 10 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All Rights Reserved. Adobe, the Adobe logo, and Flash are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. <AdobeIP#0000716>

Version: 3.2.0.9932

=================================================================

Thu May 12 2011 14:28:13 : Selected video input device: AVerMedia 7231 Analog Capture

Thu May 12 2011 14:28:13 : Selected audio input device: AVerMedia 7231 Analog Capture

Thu May 12 2011 14:28:14 : Audio source does not support the selected sample rate and/or channels. Re-sampling the audio to desired setting.

Thu May 12 2011 14:28:15 : The selected audio device "AVerMedia 7231 Analog Capture" doesn't allow setting volume intensity. Disabling the volume slider control.

===

scr.png

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 25, 2011 8:42 PM   in reply to Vasyunin

FMLE uses Directshow filters for its audio and video. The problem you are having is that the AVerMedia 7231 Analog Capture is buggy. You can narrow down the problem like this.

1) Run graphedit.exe or a similar graph building program. This application is within the tools of microsoft directshow. However, you can download alternatives on the internet.

2) Add the AVerMedia 7231 Analog Capture filter into the graph.

3) right click and choose properties. Set the device to the lowest settings you can find. mono , 8 bits per sample 11khz . Doesnt really matter, but useful to start small

3) connect its pin to DirectSound or any other windows audio filter you have installed. Alternatively , directshow has a filter named Scope which can draw waveforms. You can use that instead.

4) Run the filter and observe.

5) repeat the test with different settings. Slowly go up until you encounter the crash.

Sorry you have this problem, but often, other than updating the card, you might be out of luck .

|
    Mark as:
    May 30, 2011 4:24 PM   in reply to Vasyunin

I'm having exactly the same problem, and it turns out according to a windows message, it is the Tv card that needs to have its own memory on it of at least 64MB. I've been unable to try FMLE 3.0, because it's not listed on the adobe page, but I figured out that could be a solution. So in conclusion I'm gonna have to upgrade my tv capture card if I don't find FMLE 3.0 or less, because I don't feel like dealing with programming.

|
    Mark as:
    May 31, 2011 12:34 PM   in reply to andrewkeith1641980

Question:  How do I connect the pin from the audio filter to Directsound?

|
    Mark as:
    May 31, 2011 4:22 PM   in reply to alberts18

You will need to drag a line from your audio source onto the directsound pin in graphedit or a similar software.

http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/125817-How-to-capture-Streaming-Med ia-to-your-HD-using-Graphedit

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DirectShow#Architecture

hope these links shed some light on how to use graphedit. Its pretty easy to use.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points