Skip navigation
smshahriyar
Currently Being Moderated

Buttons and Video

May 13, 2011 7:53 AM

i kept a button visible after a target hit & its hidden on page load. but on device it loads on page and the other hiding button doesnt work. and also with videos, it just simply shows up like an image. nothing happens though i can see it on InDesign preview.

please help!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 13, 2011 2:38 PM   in reply to smshahriyar

Sounds like you have an issue with how you set up your "overlays" .. remember they are OVERlays meaning when the folio is rendered overlay content will automatically go above regular content.

Sidenote-- multi-state buttons are not supported and buttons can only have one action.  There are workarounds to this method I suggest reading Bob Bringhurst tutorial on hotspot buttons: http://blogs.adobe.com/indesigndocs/2010/12/hot-spot-button-workaround -for-indesign-dig-pubs.html

Remember to keep your "hidden" or hotspot buttons on top of your layer stack to ensure they remain on the top overlay when the folio is rendered.

As far as your video content.. double check to make sure it is rendered in the appropriate codec... maybe share your settings inside overlay creator.. and an image of your issue.

Best regards

David

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2011 12:41 AM   in reply to smshahriyar

No problem. Let me know if you need anymore help.  I find with "buttons" the best way to image it is as if your making webcontent.  You have the graphic representation for your button then you have the hotspot over it.

Here is a list of features that are and are not supported:

InDesign CS5 includes many interactivity features for exporting to SWF and PDF. Some but not all of these features are supported in the digital publishing workflow.

Supported interactivity features

Multi-State Objects
    Use MSOs to create slideshows.

Hyperlinks
    Create URL, Email, and Navto hyperlinks.

Buttons
    Only the On Release event with one action is supported.

Supported hyperlink actions include Go To Destination, Go To First Page, Go To Last Page, Go To URL, Go To Page, Go To State, Go To Previous State, and Go To Next State.

Audio
    Placed mp3 files play. You cannot loop or stream audio at this time.

Video
    Supported video files play. You cannot loop or stream video at this time.

Additional interactive overlays
    You can also create web content overlays, image sequences, pan and zoom images, panoramas, and scrollable frames.

Interactivity features not supported

Animation
    Animated objects are flattened when the article is created. One workaround is to export an animated InDesign document in FLA format and use the Wallaby utility to create an HTML5 file. You can then use this HTML5 file as a Web Content overlay. For details, see Animate Headlines by Johannes Henseler.

Certain hyperlinks
    Text Anchor and Shared Destination hyperlinks are not supported.

Certain button actions
    Go To Next Page, Go To Previous Page, Show/Hide Buttons, Sound, and Video button actions are not supported. Multiple actions are not supported. On Click and On Rollover events are not supported.

Other features not supported
    Bookmarks, cross-references, and page transitions are not supported.

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2011 1:43 PM   in reply to smshahriyar

Are you using the pre-release drop 11? or the final Digital Publishing Suite tools?

360 was changed to "image sequence".  When i do mine personally i start with 0000.jpg  so "myimage_0000.jpg, myimage_0001.jpg" and so on.  Remember to have these images in a seperate folder and link it from within the overlay creator tools.

For your video: In the pre-release you had to make sure "play inline" was uncheck.. in the final DPS tools inline was automatic unless you check "play full screen" .. so when you tap the "poster image" or button for your video (if the "play full screen" is check) it should automatically go full screen with a nav bar and close button.  Try saving your file making sure the "play full screen" box is checked.. and preview it again.

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2011 10:37 PM   in reply to smshahriyar

no problem.. glad to help anytime

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2011 7:19 AM   in reply to smshahriyar

Don't use it on the PlayBook.

I did a large job a while back converting an iPad mag for a major publisher to PlayBook. We had to delete an number of things including email links and web overlays.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2011 8:22 AM   in reply to smshahriyar

Check them again. There's no internal web links. They all go to an external browser.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2011 9:51 AM   in reply to smshahriyar

If it works on the iPad then you've stumbled on another limitation of the PlayBook. You'll just have to remove it.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2011 10:39 AM   in reply to smshahriyar

No you can't use flash.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 16, 2012 3:46 AM   in reply to David Ben

Hi David,

I was readig your answers, but anyway I couldn't make may movie magazine cover work.

What I need, is to make some areas of the cover sensible (buttons), to direct to each article inside it.

Here's the problem:

1) I created a movie as the cover of a magazine, with Premiere

2) At the end of the movie, i need to make sensible some areas (topics of the magazine)

2) Used de mp4 format to build it

3) Created buttons and put them over the movie

4) Tried to use buttons in different layers

They don't work!

What I'm doing wrong?

Thanks for your help!

Claudir

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)