• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player - real player's download and record plug-in conflict!

New Here ,
May 13, 2011 May 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Been having big problems with using Real player's Download and Record Plug-in for Internet explorer, as in it wont work at all in the

youtube videos which do use flash player.

A friend of mine can still use it and the "Download this video" tab pops up so it's not anything youtube have stopped, and others across different browsers are having the same problem; but he uses older versions of both real player, flash player and IE.

I've tried reverting back to older versions of both real player and IE back to when it worked but still no results. As yet I don't know how to downgrade to an older version of Flash.

The only thing it must be is that the new Adobe Flash versions (has happened around several weeks ago) have stopped being able to download flash based videos to various media player downloaders such as Real Player.

I understand someone might have reserves about being allowed to download videos, but if like recording from the tv its fine as long as its for home viewing only; and certainly some odd persons video blog cant have any copyright issues.

Have the new versions of flash prevented this? Please help!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2011 May 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

This question is more suitable for the Flash Player forum (http://forums.adobe.com/community/webplayers/flash_player) rather than this one (Flash Media Playback).

Sorry for not beeing able to help 🙂

Gelu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines