• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player 10.3 works but positioning is WAY off

New Here ,
May 13, 2011 May 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently downloaded the latest version of flash player, 10.3.181.14, and everytime I go to a website that runs flash, so youtube etc, anything running flash like videos or adverts all pile up on top of each other in the top left hand side of the screen and rather aptly flash on and off constantly if you move the mouse. The videos work and play but it's really annoying.

I have uninstalled and then reinstalled it multiple times even uninstalling the player restarting the computer then reinstalling it again. My system runs Windows 7 64bit and I'm using IE9, for my sins.

Any help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 14, 2011 May 14, 2011

Well I found how to Uninstall Flash Player 10.3.181.14 and install 10.2, as you know well it will say when you install the older FP" You need to install the latest FP this ver is to old go to the abobe web site and download the lastet ver",  just go to this webpage http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/142/tn_14266.html under Release and Content Debugger archives download Flash Player 10.2.159.1 zip then unzip then uninstall FP 10.3 in control pannel then use this uninstaller in the folder you downloaded  "u

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thing to try: right-click on a Flash object, Settings, then disable Hardware Acceleration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is going to be hard to explain but when ever I try doing as you suggested the small box that appears with the tickable enable hardware acceleration box becomes part of the image and doesn't let me interact with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, another problem...

Try the following

• close all browser windows, the open Windows Explorer
  • in the address bar type %appdata%\Adobe
  • delete the 'Flash Player' folder in there
  • in the address bar type %appdata%\Macromedia
  • delete the 'Flash Player' folder in there

Now can you try the Flash Player settings again?

Sorry, I will have to be away for a while and will not be able to answer your posts soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Followed your instructions and it made no difference I'm afraid.

Well thank you for your help anyway I appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problems here when the player was upgraded to 10.3.  the menu

just becomes unclickable and static.  I can get it to work in the 64 bit internet explorer but

silverlight and bing bar don't work for me there.  is there any way to reinstall flash player 10.2 or previous?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dwahsum wrote:

is there any way to reinstall flash player 10.2 or previous?

See http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/142/tn_14266.html

If you have more questions, please start your own topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

28daveslater wrote:

Followed your instructions and it made no difference I'm afraid.

Were these folders recreated when you tried the Flash Player settings again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup each time I follow the links you gave me the folder has returned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check the Permissions of these folders?

Maybe they lack some required permissions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not quite sure what you mean by permissions but it doesn't ask for permission from the user when deleting the file, it does get deleted just whenever you load up a page that uses flash the folder is restored. I went to properties then security but it says I have full access. Sorry if I'm doing this wrong.

Personally I'm starting to think it's a problem with the player itself as there are no problems when downloading, installing and playing of media it just positions it wrong.

Amendum: I looked at the advanced settings and all the permissions seem to be working Delete is there along with Delete sub folders etc.

These files are like comic book heroes you think they're gone but they always find a way to come back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is what I wanted you to check.  But you say you have full access, so I don't understand why you cannot change the settings.

The positions may be wrong because of Hardware Acceleration; that's why I wanted you to try to turn it off.

Another thing you can try is to update the device drivers for your video adapter.

Other than that I have no ideas how to solve your problem.

You can try sending a PM to Chris Campbell, giving him a link to this topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh I see. I'm not sure how I would go about updating my drivers but I'll PM that guy now.

Cheers btw you have been extremely helpful with this I know I wouldn't want to spend my time walking people through their computer problems so I'm appreciative that there is at least one person out there who will.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome - good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2011 May 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem and have posted to an ealier post. I was able to disable hardware acceleration by going to safe mode but it did not help, did not know about the other way posted here. So I used system restore and got back the older version 10.2.159.1. I did two other computers with no trouble but the one I am having this problem is my newest one of a few months. I have done all the microsoft updates and do not want to do the video drivers on my own and mess things up worse, it seems to me Adobe should do something because it should work with that new of computer. I know I have had some microsoft hardware updates just not sure if it was video drivers or graphic card. This is a windows 7 64 bit using IE9 32 bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also forgot to say I could not install the older version from the links given here, it would pop up and say you are trying install a older version and stop the install, that is why the only way to get back to the older version was to do a system restore. I plan to wait till the next version and try again unless you have a bette idea. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would do that or install the old version but my laptop demands the latest version otherwise it won't play videos on the internet so there doesn't seem like much point going down that road unfortunately otherwise I'd do it in a second.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand, I am doing ok with the older version. I believe it is a lot of bull that we need to update drivers to fix this. As I have said this computer is only a few months old and I do the microsoft updates and I know I had one that was video or graphic the other day and when I check now it shows nothing needed. I believe adobe needs to work on this but that does not help you. I would like to know what happens so keep us posted as I might want to try it if it works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok just for fun downloaded google chrome to the problem computer since it has its own version of flash. Checked the version and chrome has 10.3.181.14 AND IT IS WORKING GREAT, so why would it work with the same drivers and IE9 still has the old 10.2.159.1. Could you do this to solve your problem? Would this not tell me it is NOT a driver problem, if not tell me why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, it works fine on chrome for me to which is weird cos when I downloaded 10.3 it came with chrome. So it mucks up IE and firefox but does nothing to chrome... I smell a rat! But tbh I don't mind I got them all anyway.

Cheers for the heads up man!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

28daveslater wrote:

when I downloaded 10.3 it came with chrome.

If you download the installer from http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/fp_distribution3.html it will not come bundled with any software.

Chrome has Flash Player built-in, and it is a different version from 10.3.181.14

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pwillener wrote:

Chrome has Flash Player built-in, and it is a different version from 10.3.181.14

Correction; Chrome has indeed FP version 10.3.181.14

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have uninstalled the new version and then ran ccleaner including the registry cleaner in ccleaner before trying to install the old version. I even tried downloading the flash player manual uninstalling and ran it after the control panel uninstalling and ccleaner trying to be sure all traces of the new version were off. I still say something is wrong here and it is not me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to say remember I did get the old version by doing system restore and also this forum does have a problem with the reply function sometimes you have to backup and hit reply again to get the reply box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't even see a reply button or reply box when I log in. This problem

with Flash Player basically boils down to this...Adobe did a half-ass job

and didn't test the new version on all browsers before they released it.

I've always felt they offered a quality product and this is very

disappointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines