Skip navigation

Flash Player 10.3 and Internet Explorer 9 update and workarounds

May 31, 2011 2:22 PM

Latest reply: Hitomi Kudo, Sep 22, 2011 6:15 PM
Branched to a new discussion.
Replies 1 2 3 4 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 31, 2011 9:41 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Thanks Chris. At first glance, Solution # 1 seems to have worked.

Best,

Daniel B. Belcore, CFA

danbbel@att.net

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 1, 2011 7:04 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

I tried installing the new .16 version, clearing the cache, restarting and have the same problem.

Disabling the HW acceleration is the only solution that works.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 2, 2011 3:49 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

I have downloaded the updated version and I have cleared my browser cache and restarted everything. I have tried multiple times. Still not working right. I no longer have ads and video flashing in the left top corner of the screen, but now videos are blinking in their original location. I would appreciate any solution to solve this matter.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 4, 2011 12:43 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

I am also having continuing problems. I no longer have ads and video flashing in the left top corner of the screen, but certain videos will not run and forms do not display correctly. If I go to your "Troubleshoot Video Playback Issues" I cannot deselect the Enable Hardware Acceleration - the "settings" box disappears/reappears but will not let me uncheck the box.  I sent in a separate bug report with dxdiag.txt.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 4, 2011 2:08 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Chris,

Here is the info you requested:

Ok, thanks for letting me know.  Could you email the results of the following steps to me at mailto:ccampbel@adobe.com?  I'll forward along to the video team to see what they have to say.

1. Verify that you've cleared your browser cache and restarted the system.  Done.

2. Please provide a short description of the problem.  Any screenshots you can provide would help greatly.  Are you seeing the Flash problems after coming out of a full screen mode?  I submitted this as an issue.  Basically when i try to open MLB.TV the image/video is shifted to the upper left hand corner of the window.  It is not related to coming out of  full screen mode - i never get that far because you have to log in to get the actual video and I can't see the login blocks due to the shift.   A screen shot is attached.

3. Please include a copy of your dxdiag report.  For details on generating this file please see http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/839/cpsid_83952.html#main_For_Windows_users.

Attached.

4. Please include an exact URL where the problem exists.

http://mlb.mlb.com/flash/mediaplayer/v4.2/R6/MP4.jsp?calendar_event_id =14-287777-2011-06-04&content_id=&media_id=&view_key=&media_type=video &source=MLB&sponsor=MLB&clickOrigin=&affiliateId=&team=mlb&

5. Please navigate to http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/839/cpsid_83952.html#main_Send_your_problem_r eport and click the "Copy text to clipboard" button, then paste the contents into the email.  This will provide us with the Flash Player version along with your browser information.

Flash Player version: WIN 10,3,181,16

Debug Player: No

User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; MDDS; InfoPath.2; .NET4.0C; BRI/1)

Browser Version: 5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; MDDS; InfoPath.2; .NET4.0C; BRI/1)

Browser Name: Microsoft Internet Explorer

Thanks,

Chris

>

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 4, 2011 2:44 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

I would like to thank everyone involved in this post {especially Criss Nikki and steveNjennifer }for spending so much time on rectifying the FP 10.3  and IE9 problem .

It is so reassuring to know there is a whole community of support out there when things go wrong .Thank You All .Steven H Anderson 

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 4, 2011 5:14 PM   in reply to nparece

Basically when i try to open MLB.TV the image/video is shifted to the upper left hand corner of the window.

Use the Compatibility View mode.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 4, 2011 5:52 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

I am having the same problems like the rest here.

I thought all was fixed with the updated version of  10.3 but I too can not view other videos (my niece told me twitvid does not work).

I have uninstalled old Flashplayer version, downloaded updated version of Flashplayer 10.3, updated intel HD graphics, cleared my cache, and rebooted -- did this process again when I found out some videos does not work, but problem remained.

I also get these messages  when I open my computer that I have to download FP version 8 or higher -- and this was after I dl the newest version.  When I checked my system it said that my Flashplayer stopped working 11 times.  

I know that you are working hard on this issue and appreciate that you have at least this updated version so we can watch majority of the videos.

I will wait for the latest version and thank you.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 4, 2011 6:29 PM   in reply to Allbrave

Allbrave: I think your problem is different from the general problem this topic addresses.

Please start a new topic of your own, and provide all relevant information, i.e. your operating system & version (32-bit or 64-bit?), web browser & version (32-bit or 64-bit?), as well as the exact error messages you are getting.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 4, 2011 6:53 PM   in reply to Carl E. Myers Jr.

I added the site to the compatibility view and it still does not work.  The icon for compatibility view is in grey ---  thanks for trying to help me.  

Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2011 18:12:59 -0600

To: indies67@hotmail.com

Subject: Re: Flash Player 10.3 and Internet Explorer 9 update and workarounds Flash Player 10.3 and Internet Explorer 9 update and workarounds

Use the Compatibility View mode.

>

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 4, 2011 6:58 PM   in reply to Pat Willener

I think this is still a flashplayer problem since this all started with FP 10.3 .   Never had a problem with this site before and now I do and it is exactly the same time I had problems with 10.3.  Also, others are having the same problems but maybe at a different site.

Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2011 19:29:39 -0600

To: indies67@hotmail.com

Subject: Re: Flash Player 10.3 and Internet Explorer 9 update and workarounds Flash Player 10.3 and Internet Explorer 9 update and workarounds

Allbrave: I think your problem is different from the general problem this topic addresses.

Please start a new topic of your own, and provide all relevant information, i.e. your operating system & version (32-bit or 64-bit?), web browser & version (32-bit or 64-bit?), as well as the exact error messages you are getting.

>

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 4, 2011 8:36 PM   in reply to Allbrave

I added the site to the compatibility view and it still does not work. The icon for compatibility view is in grey --- thanks for trying to help me.

My comment about using the Compatibility View mode was to get MLB.tv to work correctly and it was to nparece.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 5, 2011 8:01 AM   in reply to Carl E. Myers Jr.

How do I do that?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 5, 2011 8:37 AM   in reply to nparece

MLB.PNG

Click the highlighted torn page.

Or right click to the right of the tabs, select Command bar, click Tools, click Compatibility View.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 5, 2011 2:53 PM   in reply to Carl E. Myers Jr.

Thanks that worked

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 5, 2011 5:57 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Chris; it is working fine for me EXCEPT it works only when logged into administrator user account but it does NOT work in a standard/limited user account. My system is Windows 7 64bit Home Premium and I have all the updates installed and I am using 32 bit IE9 version 9.0.8112.16421 and the latest version of Flash and Shockwave. My browser settings are set to default and privacy setting is set to Medium High and I have checked the Accelerated Graphics in the Advanced tab.There is a default administrator account in Windows, but I have multiple standard/limited user accounts for family use.( I do this to maintain system integrity and keep my teenager from screwing around with systems files.) I did not have this problem with prior versions of Flash. I suspect this is some type of permissions issue.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 6, 2011 2:24 PM   in reply to DrJackRyan

Hello,

I have been utilizing 10.3.181.16 with Win7 64 bit and IE 9 with success, however I came across this site which has a link to a new version of FlashPlayer v10.3.181.23.....?  Is this the latest official version....??

http://www.filehippo.com/

Thanks...

[b]~~~~~EDIT~~~~~[/b]

I see that the official Adobe Flash Download site now has this v 10.3.181.23 as the latest version and it too is working fine with my same setup...

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

Message was edited by: gahbmwm5

Message was edited by: gahbmwm5

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 6, 2011 6:11 PM   in reply to gahbmwm5

Just to add more info as I have a HP G-72 laptop, and when going to the HP driver graphics support page (they had SP51914.exe) Intel ver: 8.15.10.2189...which I had already installed...then Windows Update picked up Intel ver: 8.15.10.2202 dated 8/25/2010....Fully aware that OEM graphic laptop drivers can be very touchy.....lol, this was a Windows Update--->Important update.... There was then an optional update also from WU.....and I had experimented with this installation which then gave me a Intel ver: 8.771.1.0 dated 9/9/2010....however I DID NOT install this update.....this time

Took a chance, went to the Intel site.....utilizes their graphics analyzer, which then gave me the latest version:

Ver: 8.15.10.2361 dated 4/10/2011.....Both the Intel Win7_Vista_64_15221.exe and the extracted 'Have Disc' updating methods worked successfully for moi...!

So the latest Flash v: 10.3.181.23 are working nicely on my system....Very nice and thanks Adobe for the hard work!!

Regards

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 7, 2011 7:00 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

FYI.. after weeks of investigation, I came across a technical BLOG at 3:00am (CDT) last night.  Don't even remember the URL now, but the blogger said that 80% to 90% of problems where Adobe Flash Content is not displaying in IE9 is related to the "Do Not Save Encrypted Pages To Disk" feature in the IE9-Tools-Internet Options-Advanced Tab.  He said to UNCHECK (deactivate) this feature and Adobe Flash content will render correctly.

I did this, restarted IE9 and was instantly able to play videos at abcnews.com , see the "Settings Manager" panel in the Adobe support section of Adobe.com and view content in some work-related sites.  None of these worked at all prior to making this simple little "fix".

This Blog said that when the "Do Not Save Encrypted Pages to Disk" option is Check-marked in IE9, there's some type of hard-block initiated which prevents certain flash content from passing through RAM.  Since I'm not a technical person, I have no idea what this means, but I'm glad this enterprising blogger took the time to investigate it.  He said that there's an Adobe "Bug Report" buried in the developer section of Adobe.com that describes this problem somewhat.  He used this as a starting point for his investigation.

Good luck everyone!

Allen in Chicago

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 8, 2011 10:11 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

I have just had a flash player update (10.3.181.23) and have turned off using software rendering and the adverts in hotmail are now where they should be on the right hand side. Thank you!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 15, 2011 8:31 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Hmm...so where do I find the Older version that didn't cause me grief???? Please point me to the Correct Location. Thank you!!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 15, 2011 12:06 PM   in reply to kineret

When I downloaded the Flashplayer update over a month ago to my Windows 7 64 bit notebook, I was rewarded with flashing messages when I opened e-mails. What I discovered is that Adobe seems to have eliminated access to the prior version of Flashplayeryou CAN''T GO BACK!  I did download another version late last weeknot sure if its a perfect fix but it does seem quite acceptable so far. I do think that some hackers are using fake Adobe updates to download vicious viruses. Be careful. Probably best to ignore alerts for updates and go to Adobe's website to see if there are True updates available.

Dan

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 15, 2011 1:11 PM   in reply to danbbel

Thanks for the tip Dan!  Everything seems to be working fine for me now.  When I downloaded the "fixed" update about 2 weeks ago, it seemed to slow down Internet Explorer, but only for a few days.  No problems now.  Hope you had the same luck!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 15, 2011 1:33 PM   in reply to night18k@aol.com

Thanks. I have had some slow problems on my desktop recently, after I was foreced to reload my system after a virus wrecked it, but after some updates to various windows  (XP) components and substitution of a new virus protection system for McAfee, I seem to be doing ok.

Dan

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2011 12:57 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

To the adobe employee's can you please make a flash player that works with windows 7 ie 9 if nothing that is posted works or help me getting this to work as the button will not uncheck. (highlighted is locked. Can you please help me or make a flash player that works.

i.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2011 8:30 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Latest version  10.3.181.26 doesn't work!

Today, 6/16/11, my Flashplayer software was updated to v 10.3.181.26 and NOW it is doing the same illogical things as the problematic previous versions:  flashing, partial screen, can't make the video run.

Last time this happened, I was able to go back and download and earlier version and that solved the problem

Now, however, the Adobe website won't allow me to download an earlier version and I'm now stuck with a useless Flashplayer.  :^(

This latest will teach me to never click to update my Flashplayer software if it's working properly!

I'm using Windows...

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2011 10:50 AM   in reply to akopp7

akopp7>>To the adobe employee's can you please make a flash player that works with windows 7 ie 9 if nothing that is posted works or help me getting this to work as the button will not uncheck. (highlighted is locked. Can you please help me or make a flash player that works.

The Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering is an Internet Explorer 9 setting, not a Flash Player setting.  When I.E.9 was installed, the installation program determined whether or not your GPU could be used by I.E.9.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2011 9:58 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Thank you, Carl!  After reading your post, I put a checkmark in "Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering" and now Flashplayer is working again!

Bill

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2011 6:08 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Thank you for your response, Chris.  I have emailed you the dxdiag file as you requested.

The failure of this latest Flashplayer update was not temporary...Flashplayer would not function after the software update.

I did add the checkmark to "Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering," and Flashplayer is now working properly.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2011 10:23 PM   in reply to Bill3407

Bill & Chris,

Not sure why  Adobe could not resolve this matter weeks ago with a Flash Player 10.4 or 10.5 several weeks ago?  Also, why was Adobe Flashplayer 10.3 not checked with the latest Explorer and Windows 7 Models when it was originally created? Were I creating a new general purpose software program for broad distribution which would have to interface properly with at least current and recent hardware/software models, I assume that such a step would be normal the creation and test process.

Dan

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2011 5:44 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

I am afraid now to download the latest version 10.3.181.26 --- anyone has tried this out yet? Please share if it is safe to use it.

I still have problems viewing other videos such as speedy joe webplayer, twitvid, and others.  I have tried looking for answers but so far I am finding more and more people with the same problem.   The main similarity was when flashplayer 10.3 was downloaded.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 22, 2011 2:50 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Seriously I am sick and tired of Flash issues, I have a 2700K processor and 16GB of ram and a DDR5 1 GIG PCIE Express Video Card, there is NOTHING that slows down this system or any of my systems or devices like Flash, please get with the program and have your developers PROPERLY test the software before releasing it to the public.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, Flash is damaging hardware and unnecessarily pushing systems beyond normal. TIRED OF THE LAGG! Doesn't matter if it's IE 9, Firefox, Safari or Chrome it's all the same.

FIX NOW, cry later.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 22, 2011 3:07 AM   in reply to SpectreJay

Well said, SpectreJay.

I totally agree with you!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 30, 2011 10:29 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Thanks for the new Flash Player 10.3.181.34! All ads will appear in the right place! No flickering in the upper left corner as before!  Now everything works perfectly on my computer! Good job! /A.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 4, 2011 10:02 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Hello,

I have a brand new Dell XPS laptop 3 weeks old. Not until I installed Flash a few days ago did IE9 start crashing. When I unistall Flash all websites are fine. I do have the Intel HD Graphics and Dells latest release on that driver was 4-21-2011 verson 8.15.10.2342. I have spent several hours reading up on this issue and the fixes. There is no way to upgrade to a newer Intel driver version (2361 or higher) as Adobe mentions because the Intel GPU works in conjunction with the Nvidia GPU using "Optimus technology". This switches back and forth from each GPU depending on resources needed. So we can only use the drivers provided by Dell or wreak havoc on our PC.

I have tried the new versions of Flash (10.3.183.7) both through the Adobe website installer (that area where it will install toolbar if not unchecked) and also using the link to offline installer in your other thread. Neither of these work, IE9 still crashes because of Flash. Actually, in most cases IE9 crashes before it opens the page - displays the message "IE has stopped working". In fact, after installing Flash using the Adobe website, when installation was completed it launched the browser to completed page - which crashed.

TO SUMMARIZE: Please don't treat this issue like it is resolved. Brand new PC's are coming off the line and having issues as soon as Flash is installed.

I understand we can turn off hardware accelearation in IE9 as a temporary fix but many of us purchased our Dell XPS 3D laptops becuase of the GPU's and all that they can provide. You mention there are talks with the "manufacturers" to try and resolve this. I hope Intel, Nvidia, and Dell can get this resolved to help out Adobe. This seems like a travesty to have something so simple that has been working well for so long - to now affect virtually all websites.

|
    Mark as:
1 2 3 4 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)