Skip navigation

Flash Player 10.3 and Internet Explorer 9 update and workarounds

May 31, 2011 2:22 PM

Latest reply: Hitomi Kudo, Sep 22, 2011 6:15 PM
Branched to a new discussion.
Replies 1 2 3 4 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 24, 2011 12:17 PM   in reply to Carl E. Myers Jr.

Thanks for the info Carl. I'm pretty darn good with computers, but I wasn't aware that an OEM graphics driver set would block out generic ones. That's useful stuff to know, and I always love to get a new tidbit of tech info stuffed into my brain.

Nitesgold, I've already done just that, and it did indeed fix the problem. I was simply trying a different fix so that I could provide my results to Adobe, for informational purposes. Thanks for trying to help though.

|
    Mark as:
    May 24, 2011 12:25 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Hi

I was having problems with the adverts in hotmail and they were covering the folders on the left hand side whereas normally they are on the right and aren't a problem.

After much annoyance I stumbled across this thread and just tried solution 2 and it appears to have worked. I am running Windows 7 and IE9.

Thanks for the temporary solution!!

|
    Mark as:
    May 24, 2011 12:46 PM   in reply to kazit

Which temporary solution did you use Kazit?

|
    Mark as:
    May 24, 2011 1:25 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

I started having exactly this problem late last week on three separate computers, all with Windose7 and IE 9.

I just downloaded the test version of Flash 10.3, and it seems to have resolved the problem.

Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    May 24, 2011 2:25 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Chris,

I just wanted to report that the test file you sent me by email last Friday, has been working fine.

Is there any good reason for me to download and install the new test version (10.3.181.15) or should I stay with the version you sent me?

Thanks,

Gary

|
    Mark as:
    Calculating status...
    May 24, 2011 2:38 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

I have an ASUS U41JF. I am experiencing problems with Flash on both IE9 and Firefox 4.0.1.

I have the latest Intel HD drivers (8.15.10.2361) and also applied the 10.3 beta patch that you released today; however there is no improvement: I still can't watch fullscreen videos - my screen goes black.

|
    Mark as:
    May 24, 2011 3:28 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell
    function(){return A.apply(null,[this].concat($A(arguments)))}

chris.campbell wrote:

nikki605 wrote:

Chris,

I just wanted to report that the test file you sent me by email last Friday, has been working fine.

Is there any good reason for me to download and install the new test version (10.3.181.15) or should I stay with the version you sent me?

Thanks,

Gary

They are slightly different, but since the version I sent you is working you might want to just stick with it till our official release is out.

Thanks,

Chris

Will do, Chris.  I'll sit tight until the official release.  Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    May 24, 2011 4:56 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Just downloaded the temporary fix and it solved the problem.  Computer has been running

fine for over an hour and I can view all video again.

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2011 12:05 AM   in reply to night18k@aol.com

Hi Nitesgold

I used solution 2 about disabling hardware accleration in IE9

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2011 7:47 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Dear Chris,

I downloaded 10.3.181.15 and its working fine for me.

Thank you. I am Usinh Windows 7 with IE 9.

Regads,

Vikram Shah

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2011 8:33 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Test build installed.  Upon page load there is a brief display of the flash content in the top-left corner, but then it displays in the correct location.  Upon scrolling down pages, the first time the flash content is rendered it also displays briefly in the top-left corner, but then displays in the correct location.

Flash Player version: WIN 10,3,181,15
    Debug Player: No

User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)

Browser Version: 5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)

Browser Name: Microsoft Internet Explorer

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110408-1631)

Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics (Core i5)
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0042&SUBSYS_060D15D9&REV_12
    Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Driver Name: igdumd64.dll,igd10umd64.dll,igdumdx32,igd10umd32
    Driver File Version: 8.15.0010.2361 (English)

Driver Version: 8.15.10.2361

Driver Date/Size: 4/10/2011 11:51:04, 8238592 bytes

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2011 11:42 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Flash Player 10.3.181.15 Update

I was having the pop up ads in the upper left corner, running Windows 7- 64 bit with IE9. I had 10.3.181.14, unistalled and reinstalled several times; same issue. I uninstalled .14 and installed 10.3.181.15 and problem solved.

Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2011 12:07 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Although, everone else is referring to IE 9 when discussing their problems, I have the same problem but I am using IE 8 on a computer with OS Windows XP Pro and I have updated the drivers on my Nvidia Geo 6800.  I did not have any problems until I updated to the 10.3 version Flash Player.

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2011 2:55 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Hi, have tried solutions & none r working......any ideas please? xx

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2011 4:09 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Hi,

I have been runnning Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit and IE9 on a HP 2740p Tablet.

The flashing ads not only appeared on Hotmail, but also on News Websites. Some flash based food ordering sites here in NZ showed some funky behaviour in terms of not being able to click on any buttons/links because the mouse clicks were a bit off the buttons.

I have used "Solution 1" updating the Intel HD Graphics drivers. Unfortunately the Intel side doesnt allow me to install version 8.15.10.2361 but refers me to the HP driver download site, which only offers version 8.15.10.2302, which was still higher than my installed version.

I have then used "Solution 3" downloading the Flash Player 10.3.181.15 Update.

At first it didnt make any difference. Ads were still flashing wildly across the screen.

It was only today (maybe after restarting my machine) that all the issues have disappeared and it's all good now. :-)

Cheers, Rainer

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2011 4:23 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Hi I installed this last night and it was an instant fix...yay! able to play my game.  However I logged on this morning and got the problems again so I had to redownload it and install.  Is this something I have to do until the real problem is fixed, I really regret allowing my explorer update to version 9...nothing but trouble!

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2011 6:27 PM   in reply to liverbird1980

I went to Tools/Internet Options/Advanced/(remove check mark from) Use Software Rendering instead of GPU Rendering.

It slows things down somewhat, but it's much better than having all that flickering on your screen & not being able to see anything with Flash Player.  I won't fool around with anything else.  At least it's a temporary fix.

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2011 6:30 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Chris,

For me, the problem started as soon as I opened Internet Explorer.  Things were constantly flashing in the upper left corner of my screen.  And any program that needed the flash player didn't work.   Only little bits & pieces of the program were moving around my screen.

I'm just wondering.... weren't these problems evident before the new version of Flashplayer was released?

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2011 11:40 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Hey Chris, or anybody -

Installed the FP 10.3.181.15, cleared browser history, Uninstalled, reinstalled, manually deleted the SafeVersions key in Registry Editor Chris gave in other posting but still getting warnings that content requires update to Flash Player.

???

Safari Dave

|
    Mark as:
    May 26, 2011 10:11 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

The work around has worked for my Toshiba Satellite L650. Toshiba were of no help in me trying get an update to the Intel HD driver. They kept refering me the Currys (who sold me the laptop) and Intel. Intel system said the driver was adapted by Toshiba and so their download would not work. However, the fix is running well with the old (current) driver active. Thanks Adobe.

|
    Mark as:
    May 26, 2011 3:22 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

The update worked but I would recommend that Adobe tell users before installing it that they clear out their flash cookies.  Also, when installing the update they should close IE.

|
    Mark as:
    May 26, 2011 4:38 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

The solution #1 corrected my problem,.

Thank you!

(Don't forget restore point!)

|
    Mark as:
    May 26, 2011 7:36 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

I tried the first solution and updated the Intel HD Graphics and so far that seems

to be working. I hesitate to try the Flash update and will wait until it

has been officially decided that the update will work.

Thank you for posting the work arounds...I was going nuts with this problem.

|
    Mark as:
    Calculating status...
    May 26, 2011 7:46 PM   in reply to memberx23

How do you close out the flash cookies? T

hanks.

|
    Mark as:
    May 27, 2011 10:27 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

The update posted on 5/24 has corrected the issues I expereienced.  Thank you for the quick update.  This is how things should be handled all the time.

|
    Mark as:
    May 27, 2011 10:48 AM   in reply to brianm76

Most of us only have temporary fixes.  Disabling the graphic acceleration really slows down my otherwise very fast computer.  Does anyone have any idea when the final update will be released so we can go back to normal?

|
    Mark as:
    May 27, 2011 11:12 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

I have just installed 10.3.181.15. and it works. Win7Pro, IE9. Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    May 27, 2011 11:18 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

News on this, Chris?  It's a major hindrance.  Thks

|
    Mark as:
    May 27, 2011 6:09 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Chris:

Thank you very much for delaying your dinner and quickly fixing my computer. You're a real asset to Adobe!!!

Ron W.

|
    Mark as:
    May 28, 2011 5:03 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

thanks for the info, im going to try solution 2 now

|
    Mark as:
    May 28, 2011 8:05 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Hey, The fix is working perfectly so far.  I installed it several hours ago and am not having any problems with the flash moving to the upper left hand corner as a result.

|
    Mark as:
    May 29, 2011 6:51 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Flash Player 10.3.181.15 has solved the Flash problem on my Fujitsu T900 tablet running IE9, Win7 (64bit), Intel HD.

Thanks for the good work.

|
    Mark as:
    May 30, 2011 7:10 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

I am running 10.3 update on Windows 7 IE9 and it does not fix the problem.  Trying to view mlb.tv feed

and still have image at upper left of frame.  I tried solutions 1 and 2 as well, no change.   anything else i can do?

Thanks

Neal

|
    Mark as:
    May 30, 2011 7:36 PM   in reply to nparece

Solution # 2 is so far the best bet until 10.3 is fixed.

Did you go to this site http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2528233  ? 

|
    Mark as:
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)