Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Text anchors--how to find? how to remove?

May 18, 2011 4:13 PM

I'm using text anchors (via the "insert new hyperlink" dialogue) to cross reference table and figure titles and page numbers in a "table and figure" list in a multi-chapter book file. Text made into text anchors has what looks like a light blue colon before it when hidden characters are shown.

One of the chapters has a bunch of spurious text anchors in the pop-up ("Text Anchor 14", etc.) that must have been inserted by mistake--maybe I fell asleep on the keyboard or something.

So I wanted to find and remove these unneeded anchors. Problem is, in the documents where I've made these anchors, none of them--even the real ones--show up in the Hyperlinks panel. There's nothing there. The only time something shows up is in the front matter file, where the "table and figure" list is--there, obviously, the cross-references are listed.

Plus, I went to one of the real anchors, a figure, and selected the text. Then I poked around menus for a long time but still couldn't find a way to REMOVE the text anchor, to unanchor it, if you will.

Appreciate any guidance!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 18, 2011 4:36 PM   in reply to George Krompacky

Those text anchors are called Hyperlink Destinations. (You can have a URL, a text anchor, a page, etc. be destinations.)

On the Hyperlinks panel, choose Hyperlink Destination Options. You'll see your destinations in the menu. You have option to delete them individually or Delete All.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 4, 2012 3:27 PM   in reply to George Krompacky

I've never seen an yway to reaname the actual text anchor (or delete it). The only option is to delete the link to the anchor. But I don't see that that is removing the anchor. Is that correct?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points