Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOAP Request timeout

Former Community Member

Hi everyone,

I've made a LC short-lived process, that I'll call using SOAP (as a WebService) :

It's a simple process which accepts a username to look for (string) as input and returns two strings (user ID and username found).

I've created another application with a form in which i linked this corresponding wsdl file.

My problem is when I try to invoke the service (using a button in my form), I got an error approximately 30 seconds after, because the request timed out.

Is there a way to extend the timeout for a soap request inside a pdf form ?

Kind regards,

Thomas

4 Replies

Former Community Member

Are you using Reader or Acrobat when you make this call?

Paul

Former Community Member

I'm using Adobe Reader X inside the workspace.

Any suggestions ?

Regards,

Thomas

Former Community Member

Did you reader extend the form to allow web service calls? This must be done through LiveCycle Reader Extensions Server and cannot

be done through Acrobat.

Paul

Former Community Member

Yes the form is reader extended to allow web services call ... But i've found a "solution"

I changed my webservice to make a direct query in the LiveCycle database, this way it is faster.

Then i made the call programatically in JavaScript. Now everything's working.

I've got a question though :

When I use the findUser operation, it took like 90 seconds to retrieve the corresponding users as an xml list.

When I use a direct Query multiple row (I wrote the sql request myself), it took like 5 secondes to retrieve the corresponding users as an xml list (with the same informations)

Why is the findUser operation so slow ? What does it do behind ?

Regards,

Thomas