Skip navigation
bigbrook
Currently Being Moderated

SWF autoPlay

Mar 25, 2009 1:33 PM

I am inserting some captiva 3 swf files in robohelp 7.02 and they start playing as soon as the page is opened. I would like the reader to read a senario prior to playing the swf file. I understand that there is an autoPlay=false command, but cannot figure out where to insert it into the html to stop the video from autoplaying. Any suggestions?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 25, 2009 1:43 PM   in reply to bigbrook
    Hi there

I'm assuming you meant to say "Captivate 3" and not "Captiva"? If you are also the developer of the Captivate file, you might insert a Button object on the first slide to pause it until the user clicks.

If you can't (or don't wish to) do this, you may modify the code in RoboHelp so that the movie will be in a paused state until ready. One easy way to prevent it is to tuck the SWF into a DHTML drop down. User clicks to reveal the drop down (which contains the movie) and movie begins playing.

The code you need to add <param name="play" value="false" /> and play="false" to the code that opens the movie.

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase=" http://download.Adobe.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version =6,0,29,0" width="640" height="480" ID="Captivate1">
    <param name="movie" value="MovieName.swf">
    <param name="play" value="false" />
    <param name="quality" value="high">
    <param name="menu" value="false">
    <param name="loop" value="0">
    <embed src="MovieName.swf" play="false" width="640" height="480" loop="0" quality="high" pluginspage=" http://www.Adobe.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" menu="false"></embed>
    </object>

Cheers... Rick

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 19, 2011 5:46 AM   in reply to bigbrook

sorry to reopen the issue after 3 years but i am facing the same problem now the palyer does not show play or stop buton to control the animation how can i solve this prob please?

this is my code :

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="<?php echo $file_out_swf?>" width="560" height="400">
        <param name="play" value="false" />
        <param name="loop" value="false" />
        <param name="quality" value="high" />
        <param name="menu" value="true">
              <param name="wmode" value="transparent" />
              <param name="swfversion" value="8.0.35.0" />
    </object>

thankyou

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...