Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Sorting Media

May 22, 2011 8:04 PM

Hi,

Under the Organize tab, it looks like there are only two ways two sort your media: Newest First, or Oldest First.

Is there any way to sort by name, or media type, etc.

Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 23, 2011 5:17 AM   in reply to EthanT9999

The Organizer allows you to sort your video by date, name, metadata (including location the video was shot in), the folder structure on your hard drive, quality rating (one to five star), which project it's being used in, which media album you're storing it in and by people included in the video as well as any other keyword tags you apply to it.

How would you like to sort it? Most likely there's a way to do it.

I cover the Organizer and its functions in some detail in my books. My Photoshop Elements/Premiere Elements book spends three chapters on it and the multitude of tools included with it.

What is it you'd like to do with it?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 2, 2012 4:44 PM   in reply to EthanT9999

You can list the media in the Organizer by date.

You can also group it my keyword tag (which can include people, places and face recognition), album or video project. You can also search for media using a variety of criteria. You can also set it to display only audio, video, stills and/or PDF files.

You can not sort by media name.

I have no idea why you're looking for a project button in Organizer.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2012 2:58 AM   in reply to EthanT9999
    • What version of PRE are you using?
    • Are you asking about sorting in the Elements Organizer or in Premiere Elements?
    • When you describe 'Project Button' do you mean the first of the big tabs (see below)?

If, as I suspect, you  are in Premiere Elements media tab then PRE10 offers three different thumbnail sizes. You may find similar if, as I suspect again, you are using an older version.

2.png

Cheers,

--

Neale

Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2012 4:50 AM   in reply to nealeh

Neale makes a very good point. In versions 8, 9 and 10, the various tabs and panels are called Organize, Project, Media -- but given different names in each version of the program! This is why often the first thing we ask is which version of the program you're using.

In your case, we were further confused because you mentioned you were working "under the Organize tab", which can describe any of three separate workspaces -- and may have even described the Organizer rather than Premiere Elements. This is why we also often ask for screen captures of the workspace so we can be sure we're talking about the same work panel.

But glad we got it all sorted out.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points