Skip navigation
Carina Marano
Currently Being Moderated

faster resize of document window

May 23, 2011 2:24 PM

Hi all, Just wondering if anyone knows how to speed up the resizing of a document window? It seems jumpy and slow. Also, if there is a way for Mac OS 10.6 to remember the size and position of the document window after it's closed (like previous versions of InDesign). Thank you much!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 23, 2011 2:40 PM   in reply to Carina Marano

The jumpiness is caused by Live Screen Redraw. Go to the Interface pane of the Preferences and reset it to Delayed or Never. The size and position thing is a fairly common complaint of Mac Users who don't turn on the Application Frame, I believe.

|
    Mark as:
  • John Hawkinson
    5,572 posts
    Jun 25, 2009
    May 23, 2011 3:07 PM   in reply to Carina Marano

I would expect Bob to suggest turning off Pages > Panel Options [ Pages: Show Thumbnails ].

|
    Mark as:
  • John Hawkinson
    5,572 posts
    Jun 25, 2009
    May 23, 2011 8:02 PM   in reply to Carina Marano

Also, do you have an out of the ordinary graphics card or have you somehow disabled accelleration? Check the Apple System Profiler...

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 22, 2013 11:59 AM   in reply to Carina Marano

I have simmilar problem. Did not have it with InDesign 3.

InDesign 6 is slow, when I re-size the document window in the bottom right corner where arrow become double arrow the window responde is very slow and jerky, it moves after the mouse  when I already let it go and moved to different location. So instead of the size I want I mostly get something weird. So to get the desirable size I have to wait with mouse still for a while. Of course, when I work I forget and move quickly, and then the window jumps after my arrow. Very annoing! And yes, when file is bigger the time lag is worse. Live screen drawing does not help. I have enough capacity - about 75 GB. Hope to find help with this problem, also? Thanks

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points