Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Text Input in iOS

May 23, 2011 5:36 PM

Does TLF except text input on iOS devices?  Can someone point me to documentation about this?

Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 23, 2011 7:48 PM   in reply to josh_on

There are *iphone OS* option when you create a new project in Flash pro CS 5 and 5.5, also mobile project option in FlashBuilder 4.5. In all kinds of projects, you can use TLF. We are improving the performance of TLF to make it work well on mobile device.

Flex project created in FlashBuilder published onto iOS is not released officially, I think there may be no official document.

For *iphone OS* in Flash pro, there is a document named *Building ADOBE AIR Applications with the Packager for iPhone*. Pls Google and download it. For more info, pls search on http://labs.adobe.com/.

Jin

|
    Mark as:
    May 24, 2011 10:50 PM   in reply to josh_on

It's a good choice to directly ask the guys who focus on flash iOS development.

|
    Mark as:
    May 29, 2011 11:42 PM   in reply to josh_on

-

|
    Mark as:
    May 29, 2011 11:49 PM   in reply to josh_on

I just got the info that Flash runtime team have filed TLF text input for mobile & multiscreen as a task.

|
    Mark as:
    May 30, 2011 7:37 PM   in reply to josh_on

It's a new task logged these days. So take it easy.

As we all know, Apple does not allow Flash running on iOS, while Android likes Flash a lot. There is Air Runtime on Android, but not on iOS, right? They are two different solutions. More details may be confidential.

|
    Mark as:
    May 30, 2011 7:41 PM   in reply to josh_on

TextField is based on the old text engine, TLF is based on FTE, the new text engine.

I think your solution is a workaround. However, what they release cannot be a workaround.

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2012 4:50 PM   in reply to josh_on

Here the solution.. with an ipad i get the native keyboard if i click on the text field..

It's like a keylogger, which captures the text input to the tlf text (and with the tlf text name you can use the input for your scripts)

import flash.display.Sprite;

import flash.display.Stage;

import flash.text.*;

import flash.events.*;

var myTextInput:TextField = new TextField();

myTextInput.type = TextFieldType.INPUT;

myTextInput.background = true;     

myTextInput.text = "Search..";

Object(root).addChild(myTextInput);

myTextInput.addEventListener(EVENT.CHANGE, inputEventCapture);

function inputEventCapture(event:Event):void{

Object(root).myTLF.text = myTextInput.text;

}

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2012 6:38 PM   in reply to painschen

flash.text.TextField is the only reliable text solution on IOS. But it's not TLF.

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2012 2:35 AM   in reply to Jin-Huang

sure, but it's the only way at the moment and it works..

(i dont understand, why adobe didnt add softkey ios support  to TLF for the last 6 months - its very important for the most app to get a keyboard)

|
    Mark as:
    May 10, 2012 1:26 AM   in reply to josh_on

Is there any way to check on the progress of this - or give the Flash iOS team a nudge? Given that this was requested almost a year ago and yet there's still no results leaves a little to be desired...

Given the fantastic quality of TLF over the more popular iOS text editting apps I'd have thought this would be a winning ticket for Flash/Flex developers in getting some quality apps up there?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points