Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Use Flex UI in a PS plugin

May 24, 2011 3:14 AM

Hello!

I am a relatively new user to Flex UI designing! Few days back, I thought of giving my PS plugins a Flex UI look! I searched the internet on some tutorials or guides, but there is very little information pertaining to that. The CS Extension Builder guide says that we can interact between Flex UI & a native application with the help of C++ PlugPlug library. There is a sample code in Illustrator SDK for the same by the name of FreeGrid (C++) & FreeGridUI(Flex UI) . But I couldn't find an equivalent in PS.

On searching some more in this regard, I found that we can use the PlugPlug.h (& .cpp) with some changes into our C++ PS plugin code. I am stuck at this stage now. How do I go about from here??

Guide me people..!! 

Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 24, 2011 10:27 AM   in reply to poortip87

In theory taking the PlugPlug*.* files from the Illustrator SDK and using them in a Photoshop plug-in should work. I have yet to try this experiment and am not sure of all the adjustments you would need to do to make them work in the Photoshop context however. I would also assume that this would only work with CS5 and later of Photoshop.

|
    Mark as:
    May 24, 2011 4:30 PM   in reply to poortip87

Photoshop SDK code were mostly written more than 10 years ago. At that time, FLEX, FLASH even did not come to this world yet.

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2011 2:24 PM   in reply to poortip87

That would be the " all the adjustments you would need to do to make them work in the Photoshop context" part of my post! :-)

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2013 1:58 AM   in reply to poortip87

poortip87,

any progress on this? did you success with the PlugPlug API implementation?

Thank you,

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points