Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Cannot insert column into table - help?

May 24, 2011 3:02 PM

Hi all, I got this form from a person who used LiveCycle ES2 9.0.0, Windows 7 to build it.  She asked me to simply add another column to the table, but for some reason I cannot do it!

Fortunately she had an earlier version where a column was insertable, but this issue is still bugging me.  I've tried everything I can think of, merging cells, etc. but the table remains stubborn.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this table so that I can actually add another column to the end of it?

Document is here:

https://acrobat.com/#d=YylJD1NH6QCAMuDDxTNzew

Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 25, 2011 6:37 AM   in reply to maestrodog1

I think the issue is that your table width is the same size as the page ...if you reduce the width of the table (your columns will get messed up) then you can insert a column and resize the table to take the width of the page (your colums will straignten themselves out after the resize). Note that I had to reduce the width in the XML source.

Paul

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 25, 2011 11:27 AM   in reply to maestrodog1

Under the View menu ...make sure that XML source is checked on. The XML Source tab will appear with the Designe View and Preview tabs. When you activate the XML source it will seem daunting. You can use the hierarchy view to find your object and highlight it. The XML view will adjust to show you the beginning of that object definition. Be very careful in there as changes to the wrong areas can cause big problems.

Paul

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points