Skip navigation
sweetpeaDesign3
Currently Being Moderated

HELP! Dreamweaver template won't load in Chrome !

May 25, 2011 7:24 PM

Hi guys,

I'm VERY VERY new to web design and to Dreamweaver! I've managed to somehow put together a template and connect to a remote FTP site trhough Dreamweaver. The site already had an index page using a different template. I created a new template then applied to the index page so now I have a newly design index/home page. It opens fine in internet explorer however not in Chrome! It looks like the template isn't loading in Chrome or something!

This is my site www.sweetpeanz.com

Can anyone help me?!?!

THANKS!!!

Sweetpea

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 25, 2011 8:12 PM   in reply to sweetpeaDesign3

Two things for you:

1)  why is template uploaded on a remote site?  Templates are to enable you to work on your desktop and then upload the completed site/page to your server.

2)  Looking at your source code, it is still linking to css and js files on your desktop.  the links in question are:

"file:///C|/Documents and Settings/design/Desktop/hanhan.css"
    "file:///C|/Documents and Settings/design/Desktop/hanhan2_files/css3menu1/style.css"
    "file:///C|/Documents and Settings/design/Desktop/Scripts/AC_RunActiveContent.js"
    ('file:///J|/Hannah/Web/Sweetpea/new ideas/logos/new/4M2U 2.jpg','file:///J|/Hannah/Web/Sweetpea/new ideas/logos/new/Androni 2.jpg','file:///J|/Hannah/Web/Sweetpea/new ideas/logos/new/Beyblade 2.jpg','file:///J|/Hannah/Web/Sweetpea/new ideas/logos/new/Croc Creek 2.jpg','file:///J|/Hannah/Web/Sweetpea/new ideas/logos/new/Ein O 2.jpg','file:///J|/Hannah/Web/Sweetpea/new ideas/logos/new/EZ2Make 2.jpg','file:///J|/Hannah/Web/Sweetpea/new ideas/logos/new/Magnacolor 2.jpg','file:///J|/Hannah/Web/Sweetpea/new ideas/logos/new/Mathable 2.jpg','file:///J|/Hannah/Web/Sweetpea/new ideas/logos/new/Moose 2.jpg','file:///J|/Hannah/Web/Sweetpea/new ideas/logos/new/Oball 2.jpg','file:///J|/Hannah/Web/Sweetpea/new ideas/logos/new/Okiedog 2.jpg','file:///J|/Hannah/Web/Sweetpea/new ideas/logos/new/Only Hearts 2.jpg','file:///J|/Hannah/Web/Sweetpea/new ideas/logos/new/Alex 2.jpg','file:///J|/Hannah/Web/Sweetpea/new ideas/logos/new/Pecoware 2.jpg','file:///J|/Hannah/Web/Sweetpea/new ideas/logos/new/Pink Poppy 2.jpg','file:///J|/Hannah/Web/Sweetpea/new ideas/logos/new/Quercetti 2.jpg','file:///J|/Hannah/Web/Sweetpea/new ideas/logos/new/Rummikub 2.jpg','file:///J|/Hannah/Web/Sweetpea/new ideas/logos/new/Sea Monkeys 2.jpg','file:///J|/Hannah/Web/Sweetpea/new ideas/logos/new/Spiderman 2.jpg','file:///J|/Hannah/Web/Sweetpea/new ideas/logos/new/Spinning Hat 2.jpg','file:///J|/Hannah/Web/Sweetpea/new ideas/logos/new/Spy Gear 2.jpg','file:///J|/Hannah/Web/Sweetpea/new ideas/logos/new/Slingers 2.jpg','file:///J|/Hannah/Web/Sweetpea/new ideas/logos/new/Sweetpea Kids 2.jpg','file:///J|/Hannah/Web/Sweetpea/new ideas/logos/new/Tangle 2.jpg','file:///J|/Hannah/Web/Sweetpea/new ideas/logos/new/Tono 2.jpg','file:///J|/Hannah/Web/Sweetpea/new ideas/logos/new/Toto 2.jpg','file:///J|/Hannah/Web/Sweetpea/new ideas/newbuttons/psds/CONTACT2 copy.jpg','file:///J|/Hannah/Web/Sweetpea/new ideas/login2.jpg','file:///J|/Hannah/Web/Sweetpea/new ideas/facebook2.jpg','file:///J|/Hannah/Web/Sweetpea/new ideas/twitter2.jpg','file:///J|/Hannah/Web/Sweetpea/new ideas/newbuttons/psds/BRANDS2 copy.jpg','file:///J|/Hannah/Web/Sweetpea/new ideas/newbuttons/psds/ABOUT2 copy.jpg','file:///J|/Hannah/Web/Sweetpea/new ideas/news buttons/slingers2.jpg','file:///J|/Hannah/Web/Sweetpea/new ideas/news buttons/ez2make2.jpg','file:///J|/Hannah/Web/Sweetpea/new ideas/news buttons/glow crazy2.jpg','file:///J|/Hannah/Web/Sweetpea/new ideas/news buttons/yo yo ball2.jpg')"
    "file:///J|/Hannah/Web/GlowCrazy/Root/Images/banner2 copy.jpg"

and others I won't bother to go through everyone of them.

I suggest correct these errors and then repost with a new link.  at present the site is unviewable even in IE8, and FF4.

hth

|
    Mark as:
    May 26, 2011 7:06 AM   in reply to sweetpeaDesign3

In addition to what has been noted, I am also seeing all of your images suffering from HTML scaling. There's no need to scale a 1000x300 px image down to 165x42 in the HTML. That wastes bandwidth. Images should be saved at 100% view.

Newer versions of Dreamweaver can assist with image resampling.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Dreamweaver/10.0_Using/WS94F0C889-B7F1-41b d-ACEE-2FFDB2F9D155.html

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2013 4:08 PM   in reply to mytaxsite.co.uk

THANK YOU!!!

I was having the same problem where my site was working perfectly in IE but not in Chrome, Safari or Firefox.

I looked in my CSS styles file and found that I had local links too!

This had me stumped for weeks.

Thanks so much for taking the time to help.

very happy

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points