Skip navigation
MarkChoate
Currently Being Moderated

unable to upload to photoshop or youtube

Jun 1, 2011 8:04 AM

Hi,

I am experienced Elements user, but new to Premiere.

Have not been able to successfully upload first project to photoshop.com or youtube.

Would appreciate assistance.

Thanks!

Mark

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 1, 2011 8:20 AM   in reply to MarkChoate

Without knowing what steps you are taking, it's hard to say, Mark.

I assume you've set up accounts and have ensured Premiere Elements is logged into them.

And that you've gone to Edit/Preferences and ensured Web services are updated.

If so, it's possible your antivirus or firewall is blocking the program -- which is particularly likely if you're using a program like Norton or McAfee.

Can you manually load to either service? Are you located someplace other than the USA?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 1, 2011 6:51 PM   in reply to MarkChoate

It is most likely that some antivirus or firewall software or hardware is keeping you from reaching the sites.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 2, 2011 7:15 AM   in reply to MarkChoate

I'd recommend you contact Photoshop.com -- but if your issue is with both YouTube and Photoshop.com, I've no idea what's going on.

Sorry. Without sitting down at your computer and poking around, I know of no solution.

I guess you could contact Adobe Tech Support and see if they can walk you through some troubleshooting.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 2, 2011 8:25 AM   in reply to MarkChoate

Mark Choate

I would be happy to offer suggestions to help you resolve your issue here if you prefer.

First let us focus on the Share/Online/Photoshop.com...

When you first clicked on the Photoshop.com choice, did you see a flash on/off message "downloading presets"? Also, if you look to the top of the Premiere Elements workspace, do you see a "Welcome, followed by your name"? If you do, click on that and then sign out and resign in with our Adobe ID and password. Restart the computer, reopen Premiere Elements and note:

a. Do you see your Welcome, followed by your name?

b. Do you get the Downloading Presets when you first click on Photoshop.com choice in Share/Online?

c. Is your upload of your Timeline to Photoshop.com now successful?

It is also a good idea to go to http://www.photoshop.com to determine if your Adobe ID and password are recognized at that location. Did you ever say here or elsewhere what version of Premiere Elements that you are using? If not, what version are you using? The never ending "gathering information" has been part of the syndrome of disappearing contacts and listing of sent emails in Find/History and other problems in Photoshop Elements. The fix has been to sign in and out of Photoshop.com from within the program. The fix is not always permanent but it does allow you to move forward.

On to the matter of uploading to YouTube via Share/Online/YouTube. If you are on a time crunch, you might consider exporting your Timeline to a file, such as mp4 or mov (details to be provided if necessary) and then uploading that file at the YouTube web site.

Depending on how the above works out, have you done a complete and clean uninstall/reinstall of Premiere Elements? Do you have an installation disc or did the program come pre-installed with your computer? Always lots of questions and answers needed.

Hope some of the above proves helpful. Please do not hesitate to ask for clarification on anything that I have written here or elsewhere.

Thanks. Looking forward to your follow up.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 2, 2011 6:44 PM   in reply to MarkChoate

Mark Choate

That was really great news. Congratulations on your success.

I did not see the screenshots to which you referred in your post.

What did you retry in the procedures...the signing in and out of photoshop.com or something else?

Right now I believe that there is a serious issue related to photoshop.com that needs addressing by whomever is running it. I suspect that the issues seen in Photoshop Elements with the missing contacts and list of sent emails Find/History is just the surface of an issue in this service and Premiere Elements and Photoshop Elements. Key word here is speculation.

Please do not hesitate to ask if you need help on any further Premiere Elements issue, be it here or elsewhere.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 2, 2011 7:50 PM   in reply to A.T. Romano

ATR,

I have no idea how this might/might not affect Adobe's Photoshop.com, but I know that Adobe is starting some major upgrading on their servers, and some of the software, that run them. We might well see disruptions in the forums, as a result.

This work might be important to things running smoothly, or just something meaningless to worry about. Only time will tell.

Good luck to us all... and thank you for helping with Mark's issues.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 3, 2011 8:33 AM   in reply to MarkChoate

Mark,

I do not know if the maintenance on some Adobe servers plays ANY role in what you are experiencing, but could explain why things are not working smoothly. If that is part of the issue, we can only hope that things smooth out soon. The idea that the on-going mainenance is possibly part of the equation, is pure speculation and guesses on my part. Just trying to come up with a logical explanation. I see some issues in the forums, and those might/might not translate to Photoshop.Com.

Why you have to try multiple tmes, if it's not the server maintenance, is not something that I can explain. With Internet connections, there can be a lot of potential issues. I am sure that your IT folk have been addressing most of those potential issues.

The good news is that ATR has given you very useful instructions, that, in the end, are getting your videos uploaded to Photoshop.Com. I greatly appreciate his assistance, as I have learned something in the process, not having used Photoshop.Com myself. Now, when I do, I am armed with some good things to consider.

Good luck, and happy editing,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 30, 2011 9:14 AM   in reply to MarkChoate

Its sometimes better to export your videos to your computer first , and then manually go to these(Photoshop.com and Youtube.com) and upload your videos.

Most of the times you get better quality by this process.

And for sharing with PrE, if you get an error always update your web services from Edit->Preferences first.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points