Expand my Community achievements bar.

LCCS Recording - custom archive path

Level 4

Hi everyone,

We'd like to organize how we store and playback our LCCS recorded sessions. What are the options for storing the recorded session to a custom directory structure?

our setup:

LCCS:  v1.4.0 + FP 10.0
server:  java -jar bin/LCCSREPO.jar ....auth stuff.... --register-repository out_server/webdav
server: files stored in a path like this: wevdav/recorded_session1.zip; wevdav/recorded_session2.zip...etc
client:    archiveManager.archiveID = "recorded_session"

What I would like to see is a client side specification of the path where the files would be stored " archiveManager.archivePath = 'any/arbitrary/path' "; which will store files on the server (if the directory structure exists ) to:

In case that path is not specified then files would be stored as it is working currently:

Options ( as far as I can tell ):

1) Adobe LCCS AcrhiveManager implements "archivePath" like feature describes above.

2) If the feature described here http://forums.adobe.com/thread/857212?tstart=0 is available then it's a bit awkward, but server side we could have a cron tab that stores files into specific directories. The awkward part is that we have several different apps recording, and we'd have to parse based on the archiveID as to wich app does the recording.

Anyone else doing this? Maybe I just missed something obvious in the lccs code/docs and this is already feasible ?

Thanks,
Alex G.

5 Replies

Employee

Nothing in the docs, but nobody says you need to use a "standard" WebDAV server

If, for example, you are using a Java based application server you could implement a servlet or a filter that given the filename calculates the appropriate path or fetches the appropriate path for that room from a database.

If you implement as a filter you can still use your "standard" WebDAV servlet and just change the file name to the appropriate file path (and viceversa) on the request / response.

Level 4

Thanks for the quick reply!

I think we've stayed away from Java in our stack of technologies, that aside, we can implement some server side shell script / cron tab that will do the same thing. The main problem I see is mainly inconvenicence for the customers of LCCS who use recording. Having to parse and store based on the file name alone can become a buggy process down the line if the file name structure changes or someone who says "I'm going to add a few more characters to the archiveID" without realizing that a backend structure highly depends on the file name to be stored properly.

Please consider this feature request in the future, I'd highly appreciate your effort if this becomes reality in LCCS

Thanks,
Alex G.

Level 1

im getting this error:

no recording storage RUI is set. session will not be recorded

how to set this path/RUI.

please help me.

Level 4

Please provide more context. What code are you executing when you receive that error?

Level 4

Hi Anjum,

In the future, please start your own question thread or find a more related topic.  The particular question related to this thread has already been answered.

That said, please refer to the http://forums.adobe.com/thread/860525 posting.  Your should be able to find an answer to your question there.

Thanks,

Nikola