Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

onMetaData questions

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2011 Jun 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi -

I'm not necessarily a flash developer at all, but I've been tasked to investigate how to "modify/add/edit" Meta Data information for Live streams.

I've read through some of the documentation, but I'm still unclear on where exactly in the overall process that these modifications would happen. For example, I'd like to add fields like "title", "description", etc... to the meta data of a live stream prior to sending it out.

Can anyone provide some additional insight on how to achieve this? What is required to be able to modify the information? Where the modification would happen?

I'd be happy to take the conversation to email if anyone has direct experience with this too.

Thanks,

Matt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 09, 2011 Jun 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Metadata information is generally added while starting the live publishing of the video/audio streams. This metadata info will be sent to the server along with the published streams, and the server can process/distribute this information to all its clients accordingly.

Metadata insertion happens at the publishing / encoding end. You can try downloading the Flash media live encoder and see how it can be done. You should be able to find it under www.adobe.com/go/fms

Thank you !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2011 Jun 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can add metadata using data keyframes which can be inserted or cleared using NetStream.send functionality & setDataFrame/clearDataFrame

Please read more about it here: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/flash/net/NetStream.html#send()

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines