Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Encore 5.1 Blu Ray transcodes always lost

Jun 10, 2011 1:59 PM

So I've read in other forms that some Adobe CS products are still crashing upon quit... at least on MAC systems. Knowing this, I save my Encore project every 15min or so just to be safe. I've transcoded all of my assets, build my menus etc, build a folder to test, quit out of Encore (again, sometimes crash, sometimes not) burn to BLU-RAY RW to test, realize I need to make changes, open up Encore project again and, bam, all of my assets say untranscoded. I look where the previous transcodes were written and they're all there with crazy file names. I can, if I choose, to relink or locate, but this is a temp. fix not a solution, and it takes time to figure out what transcode belongs to what asset. Why in the world would Encore lose the link to the transcodes to begin with?

Thanks for any insight!

System Specs:

2 x 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon

32GB memory

CS 5.5 Production Premium

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 11, 2011 2:41 AM   in reply to smoothytom

Since you have not mentioned any Project settings or more details of your project, I would advise you check for the following two things :

1. Make sure you save your project after transcoding or building the project before you quit Encore.

2. And make sure you are checking the Blu-ray Transcode status for the files. This is because you are saying that the transcoded files are there in the project folder. So I can not think of a situation where the transcoded files are present in the Transcodes folder but the status in the project is "Untranscoded".

blu ray transcode status.png

One more thing you can try to make sure the transcode link is present - just build your project to Blu ray again. It should not transcode the files again if the files are present in the transcode folder.

One More thing I want to ask you : Are your assets coming offline or they are normal ? This offline thing can happen when you have moved the transcodes folder to some other location, then the assets becomes Untranscoded and offline.

Thanks,

Ramesh.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 12, 2011 10:54 PM   in reply to smoothytom

Just to test what you said, I tried with a small project and did exactly what

you mentioned in the last post. But neither I saw the crash nor did I see the Untranscoded status after reopening the project.

test.png

This is the screen shot of my project after reopening with the same settings. All the assets has the Blu-ray transcode status as Transcoded.

There must be something special in your project. Are you seeing this with each of your project or it's the case with this project only?

Thanks,

Ramesh.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 13, 2011 9:25 PM   in reply to smoothytom

First off, I noticed you are on a windows machine, so perhaps that why you are not experiencing the crashes on quit.

I have a Mac machine too and i tried the same thing there and the results were same as on my windows machine.

I did not see crash or lost transcode status.

Ironically, the DVD trancodes remaine linked and no need to retranscode or relink those. BLU-RAY transcodes however, everytime I have to relink. The project is quite huge and complicated, perhaps my project is corrupted. I've trashed my media cache and all transcodes, started fresh and had the same results.

You mentioned for the DVD transcode links. Did you change your project setings again after transcoding or did you also transcoded the project to DVD??

It would be great if you post a screen shot of your Project panel with the asset, DVD and Blu-ray Transcode status visible in there.

Thanks,

Ramesh.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 20, 2013 6:21 PM   in reply to smoothytom

This is not an answer just another complaint and question.

My Encore CS5 (v. 5.0.0.508) worked perfectly till a few months ago. Recently my Blu-ray transcoded files also lose their link to the transcoded files in the Sources --> Transcodes folder. And the rendered motion menus also lose their rendered status. However, If I just use non-motion menus, then the rendered status is not lost. I uninstalled/reinstalled the CS5 suite (from discs) several times. (I use ADL.) Of course, if I export from PrPro and import to Encore, then Encore doesn't transcode the files, but still loses the rendered motion menus. I wonder if this behavior can be caused some quirks in the OS (Win 7 Professional)? If anybody has any idea, I would greatly appreciate.

Regards, Laci.

P.S. I have started small experimental projects from scratch every time, so the projects could not be corrupted. Also, when opened older projects, then all files were transcoded and the motion menus rendered!

UPDATE: I removed and reinstalled CS5 and all other Adobe products. This solved the problem. See http://forums.adobe.com/message/5164204#5164204 - Laci.

Message was edited by: LaciG

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points