Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Flex 4.1 / Flex 4.5 Mobile Scroller ?

Jun 12, 2011 8:45 AM

Hi all,

I would just like to know:

1) can flash detect if the application is running on mobile?

2) How do I configure a scroller to work for mobile, because when I test my application on mobile I need to drag the scrollers to scroll, it's very bad. As far as I know only Burrito Flex 4.5 can create Mobile Applications.

Do I need to create a Mobile Application so my scrollers work for mobile as they are supposed to or There is some attribute I need to set on the Scroller to change to mobile mode or something like that ?

Thanks in advance!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 15, 2011 5:15 PM   in reply to FM_Flame

1) can flash detect if the application is running on mobile?

I would have thought that the Capabilities class would tell you, but oddly Android or Blackberry do not seem to be in the list:  http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/fla sh/system/Capabilities.html#os

That said, you should not try to develop an app for a specific OS.  You should develop for the availability, or lack thereof of the feature, such as a GPS or Camera or touch inputs, etc..

2) How do I configure a scroller to work for mobile, because when I test my application on mobile I need to drag the scrollers to scroll, it's very bad. As far as I know only Burrito Flex 4.5 can create Mobile Applications.Do I need to create a Mobile Application so my scrollers work for mobile as they are supposed to or There is some attribute I need to set on the Scroller to change to mobile mode or something like that ?

Use the Mobile Theme.  In a Flex Mobile Project and your scrollers should automatically be the "Mobile Scrollers".  You may also try setting "InteractiveMode" equal to touch.  You could also try adding the mobile theme as a library on your "non mobile project" and setting the skin on your your scroller to use the scroller's mobile skin.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 15, 2011 8:04 PM   in reply to FM_Flame

FM_Flame wrote:

Hi,

thanks for the reply.

Could you answer me this:

1) If I understand correclty with Flex 4.5 switching to mobile mode for scrollers is possible with setting interactiveMode="touch", meaning there is no change in the component as from Scroller to MobileScroller?

I do not believe that is the case.  I believe there is a specific skin for the Scroller in the Moible theme that is different from the scroller in the 'regular' theme.  But, I have not reviewed code.

2) And of course if you would like to change the design of the web and mobile scroller you should apply the correct skin for each, right ?

Correct, if you want to change the scroller, you can apply a custom skin to it.  This is true no matter what theme you're using.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points