Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Audio scrubbing like Audition

Jun 11, 2011 7:52 PM

I would like to be able to scrub audio and have it stay on the

entire time i am scrubbing like you can in Audition.  When you position the CTI on a frame, i would like the audio t

o stay on.  Is there any way to achieve this in Premiere?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 11, 2011 9:50 PM   in reply to Stauffer Studios

Huh?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 12, 2011 1:01 AM   in reply to Stauffer Studios

By default Premiere Pro plays the audio when you scrub any clip or sequence containing audio in the Source Monitor, Program Monitor, or a Timeline. You can change this setting, if you prefer silent scrubbing.

Select Edit > Preferences > Audio (Windows), or Premiere Pro > Preferences > Audio (Mac OS).

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 12, 2011 8:43 AM   in reply to Stauffer Studios

If you want to request a change in behavior, you can submit a feature request.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 12, 2011 9:52 AM   in reply to Stauffer Studios

Make sense?

No, not really.  If the CTI isn't moving, how does anything keep playing?  That would be very odd behavior.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 12, 2011 11:06 AM   in reply to Stauffer Studios

It makes some sense to me, sort of, although I would describe the CTI actions in Au a little differently. Are you in Au3 or Au5.5, because the cursor action is a little different between the two versions from what I see. In Au3, the CTI stays where you set it even while the timeline is playing, so that when you stop playing the CTI hasn't moved. If you want to move the CTI to a different point you can do it while the timeline is playing, or when it's paused or stopped. In Au5.5, the CTI always moves, but there is a playback preference to return it to the original position on stop.

In Premiere Pro, at least in 5.5 I'm not sure about the other versions, there is a playback behavior that returns the CTI back about 2 seconds (hold Ctrl while clicking the play button) and then keeps playing. No way to hold the CTI at a chosen point, so far as I can tell.

In Pr, if you want to return to a given point after stopping playback, using markers is one way to do it. No quite as quick as in Au, but somewhat more flexible.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 12, 2011 1:34 PM   in reply to Stauffer Studios
    It just repeats the same thing over and over until you release the Ctrl key.

Ah.  That was the missing data.  Making more sense now.

You can set up Premiere Pro to run a loop.  I assume this would work on something as small as a single frame if need be.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 12, 2011 5:43 PM   in reply to Stauffer Studios

If you take your concerns to the Audition forum, it'll probably be a lot more productive:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/audition

Also note that many features are moved around, changed, or have new names:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/895/cpsid_89588.html

Be sure to read that before concluding that something is gone.  And, even if something is not in Audition CS5.5, bringing it up on the Audition forum may help to bring it back. The application was entirely rewritten, and a lot of features not in CS5.5 aren't so much killed as not rewritten yet.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points