Skip navigation
phiphou
Currently Being Moderated

Delete DB file with persistence lib

Jun 15, 2011 3:37 AM

Hi,

For one of my project I need to do this :

- read a field in a database table

- make a remote call and compare returned value with the value returned by previous sql statement

- if not equals, I need to download a new databse file and overwrite the old one.

Using persistence lib I don't succed in doing this ! It seems that one or more connections are not closed, or maybe a db.begin() without rollback or commit. So I cannot delete the db file one I've make a first request... (file in use, or Error #3119: Database file is currently locked'.)

Hope you understand my poor english.. Can you please tell me how to do that ?

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 17, 2011 3:35 AM   in reply to phiphou

Hello Phiphou,

I've looked at your issue  and kept running into the same 3119 error when closing the  SQLConnection. The transactions are commited or rollbacked so it  shouldn't prevent the connection from releasing its lock on the DB file.  I failed to find any useful information regarding this error at the moment. Maybe  someone else from the Cairngorm community can help you.

I guess your need is for upgrading the version of your application and your remote server  provide you with a fully upgraded DB. Maybe you can address this problem the other way and have your server sends you an upgrade SQL script which you would run against your local DB through the persistence API.

Pascal

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points