Skip navigation
divya.jain
Currently Being Moderated

Problem with exporting linked story as incopy file

Jun 15, 2011 6:32 AM

Hi All,

I am facing problems while exporting all stories on a document as incopy files. I am using Edit->Incopy->Export->All stories & graphics command. The document contains a lot of out of page text boxes and a huge linked story flowing through a number of linked textframs, This linked story makes actual content. The story also contains inflow images & tables. While performing above export command I get incopy files for all graphics and out of box textboxes but not for the major linked content.

This is a document provided by one of my client. I am actually a plugin developer and don't have very deep designing knowledge. I am trying to figure out what could be the possible reasons for this issue.

I have tried same command with only two text box as linked frames. It creates the incopy file. What I could have done wrong with my document. Any suggestions will be welcome.

Thanks

D

Replies
  • John Hawkinson
    5,572 posts
    Jun 25, 2009
    Jun 16, 2011 6:20 AM   in reply to divya.jain

Export to IDML and compare the IDML attributes of the textframes.

|
    Mark as:
  • John Hawkinson
    5,572 posts
    Jun 25, 2009
    Jun 20, 2011 6:38 AM   in reply to divya.jain

Well, this sounds like a bug, and you'll need to contact Adobe Support and get a bug filed in order to have it fixed.

If you can produce a small reproducible test case and export it as a snippet, you could paste it here and we could look at it.

You can probably generate the InCopy ICML file by hand though. Export your story as a snippet, then remove the XML, then export your story as InCopy. Then edit the ICML file in a text editor and paste in the appropriate portions of the snippet.

This is not an acceptable workflow and I don't know how far it is going to get you (perhaps InCopy will choke on the same XML for the same reasons?).

You are using the current version? 7.0.4 or 7.5.1?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 3, 2013 3:15 AM   in reply to divya.jain

Is this fixed InDesign CS6 verstion. Can you anyone tell me on this?

|
    Mark as:
  • John Hawkinson
    5,572 posts
    Jun 25, 2009
    Feb 3, 2013 9:36 PM   in reply to arvimvoice

There were fairly few changes in XML from CS5.5 to CS6, so I would doubt it.

But we never had a really clear reproduction case for this problem from Divya Jain, so I dunno.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 7, 2013 4:05 AM   in reply to John Hawkinson

this issue also affect my workflow.

is have any alternative?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status