Skip navigation

Fireworks CS5 11.0.1 Not Updating

Jun 15, 2011 10:10 AM

Latest reply: Carey Burgess, Apr 4, 2012 12:23 PM
Replies 1 2 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 16, 2011 2:47 PM   in reply to Paolo Tramannoni

Adobe's history of making updaters that work has never been that good.

When Macromedia owned Fireworks and Dreamweaver, their updaters ALWaYS WORKED.

Adobe seems to blame their customers when something doesn't wor, when it is they who should to taking the blame>

Quality control seems to be non existent at Adobe>

The only updaters we seem to continuously have trouble with is Adobe, never Apple, Corel, even Quark does a better job and making updaters that work.

have tried everything mentioned in this thread and nothin works.

ADOBE FIX YOU UPDATERS, If you can't then hire an outside vendor to do it correctly

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2011 11:07 PM   in reply to nicholaspeters

Sadly it's not Mac only issue. I have CS5 Design Premium on a Windows 7 Professional, and the installation of the patch fails without a specific error message beside a generic "Something is wrong, try again".

This happens no matter if I use the 'Update...' menu command from any CS5 app, or run the downloaded update manually.

Another source of confusion might be that I use an english language version of the CS5 on a russian language version of the Win7.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2011 11:10 PM   in reply to jordancable

Hello everyone,

Sorry to note that you are facing problems while updating patch for Fireworks. Could you provide the log files associated with the installer, so that we can analyze the issue? The installer logs are available at the following location:

• On Mac: /Library/Logs/Adobe/Installers/Adobe Fireworks CS5 11.0.1  <date>.log.gz
    • On Windows XP: <installdrive>:\Program Files\CommonFiles\Adobe\Installers\Adobe Fireworks CS5 11.0.1  <date>.log.gz
    • On Windows Vista / Windows 7: <installdrive>:\Program Files (x86)\CommonFiles\Adobe\Installers\Adobe Fireworks CS5 11.0.1   <date>.log.gz (64-bit Operating system)

<installdrive>:\Program Files\CommonFiles\Adobe\Installers\Adobe Fireworks CS5 11.0.1   <date>.log.gz (32-bit                    Operating system)

In case of reinstallation, you need not reinstall whole Creative Suite, you can reinstall only Adobe Fireworks and check whether the Update works fine.

Thanks,

FW Team

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2011 12:14 AM   in reply to Krishna Prasad B V

Sure thing, I have attached the log file you asked for.

Nevermind, I followed the recommendation to reinstall FW from the original source. In the suite installer I only checked the FW. It took like 8 min to reinstal.

After the reinstallation the 11.0.1 update finally succeeded. All my preferences seems to be intact. I also ran the 'Update...' menu item, and the updater found updates to seemingly all suite products; it all updated successfully.

Message was edited by: Konstantin Homatyano

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2011 12:06 AM   in reply to Paolo Tramannoni

Yes, Paolo. I agree with that. Uninstalling/Reinstalling entire CS is not an optimum solution.

Is it possible for you to share the log files with me? It is present at the following location: /Library/Logs/Adobe/Installers/Adobe Fireworks CS5 11.0.1  <date>.log.gz.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2011 1:57 AM   in reply to jordancable

Frustration, but some random efforts got it the patch applied correctly:

However, not a slick experience/ #adobefail

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2011 2:37 AM   in reply to Priyanka

Pri Herur,

I could not find a specific log for Fireworks, nor in the /Library/ or in ~/Library/ path. What I could find was an Adobe Setup Error.log.gz file, with the same date and time of the latest effort of updating the app. Please find it in your personal mail.

Best regards,

Paolo

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2011 3:40 AM   in reply to Paolo Tramannoni

I received it.

Thanks, Paolo.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2011 6:09 AM   in reply to jordancable

Please! Does anyone know why Adobe continues failing? It's getting very worrying when you depend on their software.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2011 6:21 AM   in reply to jordancable

Yes, this is all pretty irritating... not sure how many of us use Fireworks anyway.

My contribution: downloading the update from the Adobe site directly seems to have worked.

The Mac 11.0.1 installer: http://download.macromedia.com/pub/fireworks/updates/cs5/11_0_1_7/Fire works_11.0.1_All_AdobeUpdate.dmg .

Hope this help y'all.

_KMP

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2011 6:21 AM   in reply to Mike Susko

Hello everyone,

We regret the inconvenience caused by this update. We are working towards fixing this issue.

Thanks,

FW Team

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2011 6:22 AM   in reply to jordancable

This happens to me as well. Using FW on a Mac.

I downloaded the updater from adobe's website directly, and it worked.

FireWorks == FailWorks

Thanks Adobe

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2011 6:34 AM   in reply to jordancable

Oh well... still not working. I tried the extension uninstall and the downloadable update. Couldn't locate the log file as described. Sorry, but I just can't bring myself to do the full reinstall. This is like a bad sitcom episode.

It's a bit of a shame, since I use Fireworks every day for all my web graphics. But it seems to be working fine so I'm not going to worry about it. Perhaps the solution is to turn off the Adobe Update alert in my menu bar. Yes... that fixed it.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2011 8:37 AM   in reply to Priyanka

Fireworks installation logs are attached.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2011 5:36 PM   in reply to jordancable

I'm having this problem as well, and have tried all the steps mentioned above, including re-installing Fireworks.  No luck.

It's funny: I have dozens of applications that update themselves all the time, most of them costing well under $50. Some of them are very full-featured apps. I only have this kind of problem with software from the Big Vendors: like Adobe, Microsoft.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2011 9:33 PM   in reply to jordancable

I mean, would it really be so hard to post an updated executable that we could just drag into the Applications folder?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2011 2:41 AM   in reply to jordancable

i mabye got this wrong, i uninstalled the air extension of fireworks trough the extension manager. but i am unable to find these files again , nor do i find this special folder as described here and on this page - http://blogs.adobe.com/sarthak/2011/06/resolution-for-fireworks-cs5-ve rsion-11-0-1-update-fail.html

trying to reinstall of the extension /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Fireworks CS5/Preinstall/REMOVED/AIR Export using Extension Manager CS5 is not possible because i simply cant find this folder on my mac system

google search and forum search dont give me answers, so how do i fix this?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2011 4:10 AM   in reply to austrianmafia

update, firework isnt starting anymore. gor the cs5 and updated latest snowleopard. pls help or point me in the right direction

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 23, 2011 9:13 AM   in reply to jordancable

We have heard your feedback in regards to the update failures, so we have temporarily removed it. We will re-release the update as soon as we have fixed the install issues.

For those of you that have already successfully installed the update, there is no action required. The contents of the update will remain unchanged.

For more info, see: http://blogs.adobe.com/sarthak/2011/06/fireworks-cs5-update-has-been-p ulled-out-temporarily.html

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 3, 2011 9:46 PM   in reply to jordancable

Fireworks installation logs are attached.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 25, 2011 6:03 AM   in reply to Nvidia Geforce 8800 GS

Hi All,

Am Shubhashri from Fireworks Engineering team.We regret the inconvience caused by the Adobe Fireworks CS5 11.0.1 Update.We have worked on resolving the issues and the new update is now live.

We have made the new Patch available through Adobe Updater.(Help->Updates).Installer through Adobe.com site will be available in couple of days.Please install the update and let us know your feedback.

Please note that the Application has not been changed from what it was in older update(11.0.1.7) even the application version remains the same (11.0.1.7).Only the update shows version  as 11.0.2 though internally it is same as 11.0.1.

Thanks
    FW Team

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 26, 2011 9:11 AM   in reply to Shubhashri CG

It is still not working for me. Update 11.0.2 failed.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 26, 2011 10:17 PM   in reply to Miguel Gal

Hi,

Can you please share the log file in this location

• On      Mac: /Library/Logs/Adobe/Installers/Adobe Fireworks CS5 11.0.2       <date>.log.gz
    • On      Windows XP: <installdrive>:\Program      Files\CommonFiles\Adobe\Installers\Adobe Fireworks CS5 11.0.2       <date>.log.gz
    • On      Windows Vista / Windows 7: <installdrive>:\Program Files      (x86)\CommonFiles\Adobe\Installers\Adobe Fireworks CS5 11.0.2        <date>.log.gz (64-bit Operating system)

<installdrive>:\Program Files\CommonFiles\Adobe\Installers\Adobe Fireworks CS5 11.0.2   <date>.log.gz (32-bit                    Operating system)

Also screenshot of the error would be helpful for us to debug.

Thanks

FW Team

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 29, 2011 4:45 AM   in reply to Shubhashri CG

Hi All,

New update for Fireworks CS5 (11.0.2) has been posted in Adobe.com as well.Please download the update from

http://www.adobe.com/support/fireworks/downloads_updaters.html .

As menitoned earlier the update is named 11.0.2 but  the application has not been changed from what it was in 11.0.1.We have only fixed the installer issues in this new update.Application version would remain as 11.0.1 itself.

Thanks

FW Team

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 29, 2011 5:31 AM   in reply to Shubhashri CG

Nope:

Still get this.

Adobe Fireworks CS5 11.0.2

Adobe Fireworks CS5 has been moved or deleted improperly. Please launch or reinstall the application to update the location and try again. To remove the product from the system, please uninstall product using the aliases under "/Applications/Utilities/Adobe Installers". Error Code: U44M2P29

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 29, 2011 5:36 AM   in reply to msill

Hi,

Error message says that you have either moved or removed the Adobe Fireworks CS5 from the installed location.So please follow the instruction below to get the update working.

"Please launch or reinstall the application to update the location and try again. To remove the product from the system, please uninstall product using the aliases under "/Applications/Utilities/Adobe Installers"

Thanks

Shubha

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 29, 2011 5:51 AM   in reply to Shubhashri CG

I'm not being obstinate here  … but I have never moved anything.

The folders are exactly where the installer put them in my Applications folder.

I get this alot with Adobe products. (mainly Soundbooth, Fireworks and InDesign).

Soundbooth has NEVER worked in CS4 or CS5 for me and I have had two different laptops (the one I'm on being the newest model).

This weekend I will uninstall EVERYTHING (again) in the CS5 Adobe Creative MasterSuite and do a reinstall.

Then I will let the updater do it's thing.

I don't understand why it thinks I have moved the software.

There is no other place I would put it.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 29, 2011 2:12 PM   in reply to Shubhashri CG

I'm also getting an error when trying to update Fireworks via the Adobe  Automatic Updater. I tried downloading the update from the site but also  got the same error message. I've never used Fireworks. I don't see an icon for attaching files. This is my first time posting to this forum, so I'm not sure how to attach the log files.

Screen shot 2011-07-29 at 5.04.32 PM.png

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 1, 2011 10:48 PM   in reply to gobl5832

Sent a private message to you.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 3, 2011 9:41 AM   in reply to Dominic Michael

I replied in a private message with a link to the log file. Let me know if it is acceptable.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 9, 2011 2:39 PM   in reply to Dominic Michael

Tried updating again via the Adobe Automatic Updater but still getting the same error--any insights yet?

Screen shot 2011-08-09 at 5.31.08 PM.png

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 16, 2011 6:48 AM   in reply to gobl5832

Log file that you had sent was not readable.Can you please apply the update again and resend the log files as a attachment  to ?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 22, 2011 12:02 PM   in reply to Shubhashri CG

I emailed the latest log file (8/16) to Dominic Michael. Is it workable? I haven't heard any updates.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 24, 2011 1:51 AM   in reply to gobl5832

Log shows improper install of previous patch. 11.0.1. Can you please reinstall CS5 and then try updating again?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 4, 2011 3:04 PM   in reply to Dominic Michael

I uninstalled Fireworks CS5 and reinstalled. When I ran, the 11.0.2 update, I got the same installation error. (I will email the log installation file to you directly.) Was I supposed to uninstall the entire CS5 package or just Fireworks?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 4, 2011 3:27 PM   in reply to gobl5832

Yep.

Same here.

New machine, clean install and it still does not update.

:/

Sent from my iPad

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 19, 2011 9:31 AM   in reply to gobl5832

Have you been able to diagnose my latest log installation file?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 20, 2011 6:07 AM   in reply to gobl5832

Can you please resend the logs.

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 29, 2011 12:28 PM   in reply to Shubhashri CG

I tried running the automatic updater again today, but it failed. I emailed the latest installation logs to Dominic Michael.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 5, 2011 5:32 AM   in reply to Shubhashri CG

What is the status of the latest installation logs I sent?

|
    Mark as:
1 2 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points