Skip navigation
KKelley1933
Currently Being Moderated

corrupt download file for install flash player

Jun 16, 2011 9:04 AM

FILE NAME     install flash_player osx_intel(1).dmg

I get repeated reports that the install file is corrupted.BUT I GET THE MESSSAGE, " The type of Flash Player version that this browser is running, MAC 10,3,181,26 " I close down all opened browsers as instructed with the install process. Then I reopen them.  When I go to the site that needs Flash Player, it says I need to install it. However I have the report that it is already running.  When I check plug ins for Firefox, Flash Player isn't listed.

I have tried to install with Firefox, Opera, Safari and I get the same results.  What should I do?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 16, 2011 4:29 PM   in reply to KKelley1933

Hi, If you've downloaded Flash Player you then have to Install it. What Operating system are you using?

It appears it is a Mac, but the edition info is needed to make sure you meet the system requirements.

eidnolb

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2011 7:06 PM   in reply to KKelley1933

Thanks. Check in each of the browsers that the Shockwave Flash plugin is Enabled.

You may want to review this Mac Troubleshooting Guide to make sure everything was followed.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/865/cpsid_86551.html

Repairing Permissions with Mac is always a must per other Mac users. I don't use Mac but am just relaying what they have said.

Thanks,

eidnolb

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2011 9:14 PM   in reply to KKelley1933

Hi again, I'm glad you have it working also. Although I'm quite surprised whereever you checked didn't mention that Shockwave Flash plugin. That is the Control for Flash Player, whether in a Mac or a PC (for non-IE browsers) An IE browser has an ActiveX Control. Without each of those, Flash Player cannot work:-)

Thanks for posting back and letting me know it is fixed

Don't forget to mark you thread as answered if you would also.

Regards,

eidnolb

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points