Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Convert interactive form with digitally signed XML to PDF/a

Jun 20, 2011 4:30 AM

Hi all,

I wonder if it should be possible to convert a form that contains digitally signed XML into a PDF/a?

I have tried the ConvertToPDFA service in LC ES 2.5, but it does not seem to work as I expect. During the conversion I wonder why 3 things happen:

1. The PDF/a shows as a PDF/a in Reader - however in the PDFAConversionResult the "isPDFa" node is set to false.

2. In my resulting PDF/a I get all my pages twice. Meaning if my original form was 1 page I get 2 pages in my resulting PDF/a, the last page without data in the fields.

3. The resulting PDF/a does not show as containing digitally signed data - however the input Form does show up as the data being digitally signed.

Is this a bug or does any one of you have an idea of how I should approach this challenge?

Thanks in advance

Sincerely

Kim Christensen

Dafolo A/S

Denmark

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 22, 2011 4:41 AM   in reply to kc@dafolo.dk

Hi Kim,

If you could send me your collateral (.LCA), I can start investigating the issues

you are having in this scenraio. If it is too large, you can use this service to send it to me: https://sendnow.acrobat.com

Regards,

Kevin

kjaeggin@adobe.com

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 22, 2011 6:46 AM   in reply to kc@dafolo.dk

Thanks Kim.

Received and looking into it.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 23, 2011 6:21 AM   in reply to kjaeggin

Kim,

On your queries:

1) I was able to obtain valid PDF/A output using your process , but I have a LiveCycle Patch applied (QF 2.94) in my environment. I suggest contacting enterprise support to see about obtaining this patch. The isPDFA field in the result is set to 'true' when I run it.

A snippent from the validation result.

<com.adobe.livecycle.docconverter.client.PDFAValidationResult>
      <isPDFA>true</isPDFA>
      <jobLog serialization="custom">

pdfa.GIF

2)  The validation results from docConverter wll be written to the app server log file. They are also contained within the PDFAValidationResult variable. When the doc is opened in Acrobat, you can have preFlight also confirm conformance in Acrobat, and run a report. I can reproduce the 2 pages (one with data, and one without) . Not sure if this is a bug yet, but you should raise this with Adobe Enterprise Support to investigate it further.

3) The result PDF shows as PDF/a in Acrobat, yes. And is valid. I don't believe the result from docConverter is saved in the result PDF. If you verify conformance in Acrobat, it will come back with a verification succeeded status.

4) The signatures option 'Archive_Always' does not stick when chosen in toPDFA operation in workbench 9.5, This is a bug and should be brought to the attention of Adobe Support. entrsupp@adobe.com

Regards,

KJ

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points