Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where are Plugins stored

Jun 20, 2011 Jun 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did a clean install of  on my macbook pro and i want to restore all of lightroom settings. I have three backups of my starup drive and I want to know how to restore all my third party plugins. I was able to copy over lightroom preferences, catalog, etc. , but I can't for the life of me find my Jeffry Friedl plugins. I have the originals, but I don't want to have to add them back into lightroom 3. Isnt there a plugins folder like in photoshop that I can just copy over to my new computer and have them all show up in lightoom like they were on my old computer. And don't ask me why I didn't use time machine to restore my settings. I wanted to do a clean install, and yes, it runs much faster now.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Presets are stored by default in: user/library/application support/adobe/lightroom

or you can find the folder in Preferences/Presets

Picture 1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know about those locations, but there are no plugins stored there. There are two plugins stored in the User/Library/ApplicationSupport/Adobe/Lightroom/Modules folder, but I have over twenty plugins, most of them from Jeffry Friedl and they are nowhere to be found. After I downloaded them I placed them in my documents folder, but I don't want to have to reload all of them every time I need to restore a backup. Thats such a pain. Where are they stored so I can just drag them over?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's up to you where you store your PlugIns. You save (or unpack) the PlugIns to wherever you want and point to the location upon installation in the PlugIn Manager. I keep my PlugIns in a separate PlugIn folder in the Adobe program folder, so I don't have to move them every time I install a new LR version.

If you move them from one location to the other, you have to install them again using Plugin Manager.

Beat Gossweiler

Switzerland

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 21, 2011 Jun 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So it looks like the answer to your question is: in your documents folder!

You said you downloaded them into there, then installed them in LR.  Installing them consists of pointing LR at that location.  LR doesn't move them from there.

So you answered your own question!

I also use Beat's method, having a plugin folder in the LR folder so I won't have to look for them.  But I also keep the originals (zipped) in a source directory on my NAS, just incase I lose my entire hard disk.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines