Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Encore CS5 and 5.1 audio to Blu Ray not working

Jun 20, 2011 4:48 PM

I have a premiere project that, with the exception of a welcome title card, is one video track of *.m2v and one audio track of AC3 5.1. The master volume track is 5.1 as is the audio 1 track. When I use dynamic link to sent this to encore, it always produces a blu-ray that is dolby stereo and not dolby 5.1

Any ideas?

export_settings.jpgtracks.jpg

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 20, 2011 6:29 PM   in reply to foxetown

Unfortunately, ADL (Adobe Dynamic Link) does not work with DD 5.1 SS. One needs to go through the SurCode DD5.1 SS plug-in, and create a fully DVD/BD-compliant DD 5.1 SS AC3.

Now, not sure if one can use ADL for JUST the Video, and then Export the Audio via the SurCode plug-in and Import that as an Asset. Might be worth a test, but I don't think that it will work, even with CS5.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2011 7:42 PM   in reply to foxetown

Now, are you trying to monitor the BD DD 5.1 SS in Encore? If so, that will not work, as Encore sees the DD 5.1 SS in pass-through only, and all monitoring in the program's Preview WILL be stereo only. However, it should allow you to use the DD 5.1 SS from the SurCode plug-in (fully DVD/BD-compliant) in the BD.

It does sound like you have burned a test disc, and that is exhibiting stereo-only. Is that correct? If so, I would also check my home-theater setup carefully.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 24, 2012 1:07 PM   in reply to foxetown

How did you go about making the AC3 file you used?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points