Skip navigation
gshokie02
Currently Being Moderated

Updated workspaces for FB4.5?

Jun 28, 2011 7:09 AM

Can you update the links for the provided FlashBuilder workspaces so they are compatible with FlashBuilder 4.5 out of the box?  When opening them, I get a warning message saying they were created for an older version of FlashBuilder and I should export/import all projects to update them.  Will this be a problem with my own projects as new versions of FlashBuilder are released or is there an auto-upgrade option planned?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 30, 2011 8:47 PM   in reply to gshokie02

Are you talking about a particular link within an exercise?  Can you be more specific?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 1, 2011 11:17 AM   in reply to Flex in a Week, FiaW

I believe what gshokie02 is referring to is the fact that the version 4.5 exercise files are recognized as previous version content once the 4.5.1 upgrade is installed. The program warns against using these files as they might cause corruption of the project (or possibly the software itself).

As Flash Builder evolves it would be logical for Flash Builder to not just notify of previous version content but offer a built in option to update not only the current project file, but perhaps also to be able to choose a folder and auto update/convert all files within as necessary.

I hope this helps clarify things.

gsc

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points