Skip navigation
Chris Campbell 9,456 posts
May 4, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Flash Player 10.3.181.34 Released

Jun 28, 2011 2:56 PM

We've updated Flash Player desktop to 10.3.181.34 today.  This release addresses compatibility issues with some content using cross-domain policy files.

You can download flash player from http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer or http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions

Please let us know if you encounter any difficulties.

Thanks,
Chris

Replies 1 2 3 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 30, 2011 9:02 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Thanks for the new Flash Player 10.3.181.34! All ads will appear in the right place! No flickering in the upper left corner as before!  Now everything works perfectly on my computer! Good job! /A.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 30, 2011 1:58 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Thank you!

Why this page has not been updated?

http://www.adobe.com/support/security/

thanks. best,

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 30, 2011 10:30 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

My God, I've had nothing but problems with this release.  Please see post entitled "Unable to do ANYTHING with lastest Flash Player Update."

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 1, 2011 11:30 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Thank you!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2011 11:20 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

I'm having issues with this release, as explained in this thread: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/872269?tstart=0

Thanks very much!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2011 11:28 AM   in reply to FlashGameGuru

Sorry I'm using FF since 3 years and Vista32 and I did not experiencing issues with flash player. The experts may want to reply to you better ;-)

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 6, 2011 8:20 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

I have plugged in my new Vision Pro and it works perfectly in iChat, Yahoo or Skype messengers and Photobooth.
    But when I try to use it on a web based video chat, Flash Player doesn't recognise it as available and only proposes to use my iMac's integrated cam.

I've checked that I have the latest release of Flash Player of course!

Any help from you will be welcomed;

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2011 2:26 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

I'm sure you have had nothing but responses to this post.  My problem with the new  flash player is that I can't get it to download.  I never realised how much of a market you guys have until I couldn't use flashplayer on my new computer.  I  just got a mac with os X snow leopard.  I have tried since I recieved my computer a week ago to install the new flash player.  No matte how I get to the download page, it won't download.  I always get the message server not found.  I have both firefox and safari and I get the same response regardless of the server I use.  Help!!!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2011 6:03 PM   in reply to pointonjl8

Have you tried downloading from http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/fp_distribution3.html ?

Are you in the UK by any chance?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2011 5:04 AM   in reply to Pat Willener

Thanks for the info yes I'm in the uk

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2011 5:16 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

I still have a problem, that I'll repost as I was somewhat frustrated  the first time I posted it and made a snappy remark when someone posted  a solution to a problem that at best only vaguely resembled mine, upon  which the villagers took to their torches and pitchforks and decided  that I didn't deserve the joys of a normally working Flash player; the second thread was ignored altogether and I even  called the local Adobe support line this morning, to no avail.

I   think it started about last  week, after an update: every time I watch  a  video (whether it be on  YouTube or elsewhere) that is longer than 5   minutes (and often shorter),  the video starts stuttering after a few   minutes. First the framerate  slows down to about 1 frame every 3-4   seconds before grinding to a  complete halt, almost freezing all of my   computer in the process until I  close the tab, although sometimes a   full reboot is needed. The audio  largely remains unaffected.

When   I upgraded the Flash  player, the problems persisted. Turning off   hardware acceleration seems  to have helped but I am not sure--I have   had some audio problems since  disabling this. It's odd and really very   frustrating as I have a very  decent video card. What is going on  here?  How can this be fixed? What do  I miss out on by disabling  hardware  acceleration?

I am currently using Firefox 5 with Flash player 10,3,181,34 on Windows Vista 32bit.

UPDATE: After having turned off hardware acceleration the problems persist but occur slightly less frequently.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 14, 2011 3:43 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Downloaded the latest release a few days ago.  Internet playback is fine, however, this version is totally locking up my screensaver.  When the screensaver tries to run normally, the screen flashes back and forth between normal display and black.  When I use a sleep corner, the screen goes black, tries to load, then reverts to normal display.  I can't change my screensaver back to a system standard because every time I try to go into the settings, it locks the whole computer up!

This problem has only appeared with this latest release.

I run a Mac OS 10.5.8 laptop.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 15, 2011 2:34 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

There was another post I read yesterday that the person claimed he downloaded Flash Player 11 & that solved all his problems. I just downloaded version 11 & I'm still having the same problem in trying to play a video that was sent to me on Facebook. Still get the same window saying that I have to update my flashplayer to view this video.  Even tried it with turning off the Active X filtering which someone suggested. I never have had a problem with any of the Adobe programs until this one with Flashplayer. Don't understand it & have no idea why the Adobe people do not have a solution to this problem. Right now I can not view any videos on any site. I had been successful in downloading the version 10.3.181.34 but still could not play the video. I have a brand new computer, Dell XPS8300, Windows 7 64 Bit, Intel i7 processor, ATI Radeon HD5770 video card & IE9 browser. Signed: Very Frustrated!!

Message was edited by: golfer254

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 15, 2011 7:57 PM   in reply to golfer254

golfer254 wrote:

I had been successful in downloading the version 10.3.181.34 but still could not play the video.

It's not enough to download Flash Player, you also need to install it.

What files do you have in

1. C:\Windows\syswow64\Macromed\Flash ?
    2. C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash ?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 16, 2011 12:19 PM   in reply to Pat Willener

After clicking "Finish " from the download, the window comes on claiming "You have successfully INSTALLED Flash Player ... You are now running version 10.3.181.34" !!   When I go back to the video that was sent to me on facebook to play it all I get is the black blank screen with the wording that I need to update my Flash Player & a place to click on to download it!! That's like going through the same exercise over & over again with no results!!  Any other suggestions??

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 16, 2011 7:27 PM   in reply to golfer254

The description you are giving indicates that you need to disable Hardware Acceleration (Flash Player Settings).

If that does not fix your problem, please answer the question in my earlier post.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 17, 2011 5:36 PM   in reply to Pat Willener

The following files are in C:\windows\syswow64\macromed\flash:

Flash10u.ocx - ActiveX Control

Flash11a.ocx - Active X Control

FlashInstall.log - text Doc

FlashUtil10u_Active X.dll - Application extens

FlashUtil10u_Active X.exe - App extens...

FlashUtil11a_Active X.exe - Application

FlashUtil11a_Active X.dll - App extens...

The last entry in the install log shows the installation of the version 10.3.181.34   I did not uninstall the version 11 before reinstalling version 10. I'm showing both versions as active prograqms.

I am running windows 7 -  64 bit. There is nothing under a 32 bit. As you can probably tell I am not the most computer literate person but willing to learn. The other thing that confuses me is going in to the control panel it lists Flash Player (32 bit)?? Not quite sure how you disable Hardware Acceleration (Flash Player Settings)??

Does this help?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 17, 2011 6:11 PM   in reply to golfer254

You need to run both uninstallers

then download and install the version that you want again (10.3.181.34 from http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/fp_distribution3.html).

After you reinstalled Flash Player go to http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/, right-click on the Flash object and select Settings.  On the little Display panel you can uncheck 'Enable Hardware Acceleration'.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 18, 2011 2:22 PM   in reply to Pat Willener

You must have a different operating system than I do. I ran both uninstallars &

then downloaded & installed the 10.3.181.34 version as you instructed. Worked

fine. But that's where it ended. Going on the web site you instructed after

reinstalling flash player to right click on the Flash object (which I take it

you mean the "f" symbol Yes?) & select settings. That's where your computer is

not the same as mine. Mine does not bring up "settings" or anything to lead me

to "settings"!! The only way I could get to a display panel to uncheck "enable

Hardware acceleration" was by going to Flash Player Help & Support which

eventually brought up a picture of that panel with instructions to "How can I

display this panel again to view the display panel" was  1.) In windows right

click the application image during playback. (which I quite don't understand

what that means). Does that mean during playback of the video? If so that

doesn't work for me as I can not even get the video to start playing.   2.)From

the context menu select settings. The display panel is the first panel shown. 

My problem is where & how do you find or locate this so called "Context menu"?

Remember I am on Windows 7. It sounds like you are giving me instructions off of

XP or Vista.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 18, 2011 6:07 PM   in reply to golfer254

If Flash Player is incorrectly installed or disabled, then you will not be able to get to the Settings panel.  You cannot see the rotating 'f', so Flash Player is not working on your browser.

What files do you have now in C:\Windows\syswow64\Macromed\Flash ?

You do use the 32-bit version of IE9?

Do you have ActiveX Filtering enabled by any chance?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 18, 2011 8:44 PM   in reply to Pat Willener

I was having same problems so I did all these steps and in the install got error message 1722.  Now what?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 18, 2011 8:59 PM   in reply to vonred4

Better start a new topic with all information, including the full error message.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 19, 2011 9:59 AM   in reply to Pat Willener

I have the following files:

Flash10u.ocx                 dtd 7/18       Active X Control

FlashInstall.log                    7/18       Text Doc

Flashutil10u_ActiveX.dll     7/18      Application extens...

Flashutil10u_ActiveX.exe    7/18      Application

ActiveX Filtering is disabled

Now I am getting another message window on my e mails. Every time I click on an

e mail the window now pops up: " Flash required for this application - your

browser must have Flash 9.0 or higher installed to add this application.

Download latest version Here!! I click it off & my e mails do come up but why am

I getting that message??

Is there anybody using Windows 7 that can tell me how to bring up the

Flash settings to get to the display window where I can uncheck " Enable

Hardware Acceleration" as you suggested??

Why is my computer not recognizing that Flash 10.3.181.34 is installed

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 19, 2011 10:19 AM   in reply to vonred4

Not sure what error message 1722 is?  I have not been able to get a solution to

my problem so I do not have anything I can help you out with. What operating

system do you have? I have Windows 7 & it sounds like I have been getting

suggestions from people who are on XP or Vista & do not work the same on Windows

7.  I have successfully downloaded & installed the version 10.3.181.34 but for

whatever reason that is not being recognized when I go & try to watch a video.

It keeps telling me that I have to download & install the updated version of

Flash. Very frustrating to say the least!! 

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 19, 2011 5:39 PM   in reply to golfer254

You have all the correct files installed.  On IE, Tools, Manage add-ons, do you have Shockwave Flash Object listed, and is it enabled?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 20, 2011 10:21 AM   in reply to Pat Willener

Yes I do but it is disabled. Should it be enabled?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 20, 2011 10:41 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

I was about to report a bug where 10.3.181.26 completely locks up my desktop (FF5.0/KDE4.4.5/Linux(Mandriva Linux release 2010.2 (Official) for i586
    Kernel 2.6.33.7-desktop-2mnb on a Dual-processor i686 /).  It requires a restart of KDE (not full reboot), resulting in DoS.

This bug is repeatable:  view a flash video & switch to full-screen...  only audio continues with NO keyboard/mouse click response other than switching to VTYs where I can kill Flash; but a restart of KDE with possible loss of data in other apps is required.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 20, 2011 11:09 AM   in reply to seeker1946

Still exists in this release.  Off to see if there is bug reporting somewhere on this site...

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 20, 2011 1:30 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Each time I attempt to download Flash Player I get a message saying ,only a single isstance of this application can run What does this mean. And why can I not download  Adobe Flash Player so that i can use it  when I need it.

I have ckecked my downloads.also programs installed but it is not on my computor.Please help /advise.

paddyjmurtagh@hotmail.com

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 20, 2011 2:52 PM   in reply to Leprechaun47

I really wish I could help you but I am still looking for an answer to my

problem. As I have said I have successfully downloaded & installed the version

10.3.181.34 but when I go to view a video my computer doesn't recognize it.

Question. If I uninstall the Flash Player completely off my computer can Windows

Media Player or any other video program run these videos or are we held captive

by Adobe? Does anybody know? 

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 21, 2011 12:02 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

hi Chris.

I have a concern regarding an issue to do with Flash Player, in playing swfs on a Mac OS 10.6.8, and embedded in a Mac Projector app. I emailed the swf, Mac projector and an HTML with the swf embedded in it, to the Mac user, with the aim of enabling them to play the swf directly on their computer.

The Mac opened and played the HTML properly, but NOT the projector app at all, and NOR does it play the swf in Flash Player. Rather, it plays it in a Mac application called Elmedia, which has an interface like iTunes, which fully ruins the look of my work.

My major concern is that when the swf is in the stand-alone application known as Mac Projector, the Mac user is fully unable to play it, which eliminates an important mode of viewing, sharing and disseminating my work.

I am asking for help here because no one has replied to my thread on the subject  in the Open SWF category of the Flash Forum (http://forums.adobe.com/message/3809968#3809968).

I would appreciate knowing if Apple has eliminated an important asset of CS5 by disabling the stand alone application Mac Projector.

\thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 21, 2011 12:27 AM   in reply to minimalcomfort

Mac Projector - is that an Apple application, or the Projector from http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html ?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 21, 2011 12:32 AM   in reply to Pat Willener

A Mac Projector application is like the exe projector that you can create in Flash Pro CS3, CS5 etc, via Publish Settings button in Properties inspector, Formats tab:)

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 21, 2011 12:34 AM   in reply to minimalcomfort

So it is not the Adobe standalone Flash Player (Projector)?  Can you use this one to play your local SWF files?

|
    Mark as:
1 2 3 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points