• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Webhelp and toc links to external projects

Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2011 Jun 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all - new user so any help much appreciated.

I have created several individual Webhelp projects using robohelp 9.

Each project contains its own toc. At the end of each toc I have placed external links to the other projects as related topics.

I have directed the external links to the index.html file for each of the projects.

The problem that i have occurs when I click on the toc link to a related topic in the browser.

The browser displays the original toc, the new toc and the project that I have linked to (so I have 2 tocs displayed next to each other).

Is there a way that I can adjust the toc link so that only the new project is displayed and the toc of the original project disapears?.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks

James

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If a TOC item links to the output of another project, it will open with the tripane in the topic window.

You need to consider

• Merged help where there will be a book for each project and the user will select the book they want.
  • DUCC - Dynamic User-Centric Content where the user can select which help output they want to view. This would be set up from one project.

Merged Help is described on my site and DUCC is described in the RoboHelp Tour you can access from my site. It is also demonstrated int the RoboHelp 9 sample projects. Click Open on the RoboHelp Starter page and then click Samples in the ribbon on the left.

You cannot set up a TOC in the way you are trying to close one project and open another.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like I was wrong.

Rick did a bit more poking around and suggested this solution that does seem to do what you want.

Edit the properties of the TOC page pointing to the other WebHelp and look at the Advanced tab.

Choose Whole Page for the frame.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is exactly what I was looking for.

Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp