Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Debugger stopped working - FB4

Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2011 Jul 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

this morning my debugger stopped working. FB4 stays reponsive after I hit the debug button - it shows a main thread running - but either IE8 or FF5 freeze, showing "not responding" in the title bar. Windows says Flashbuilder.exe is using a constant 10% or so of CPU and lots of disk access. I have tried installing the latest versions of the Flash debugger player (10.3.181.34) but it makes no difference. Just launching the app works perfectly. I'm running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit on a Thinkpad W510 (8gb RAM, two quad-core i7 processors). Has anyone else seen anything like this?

Thanks

Martin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just found this in the log: one for every time I've tried launching the debugger today. In fact one every 3 milliseconds when I've done that! No wonder the disk light is flashing constantly.... any ideas anyone? Reinstall Flash Builder?

Thanks

!ENTRY com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug 4 2 2011-07-01 13:53:04.395
!MESSAGE Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug".
!STACK 0
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.breakpoints.FlexLineBreakpoint.findSourceFiles(FlexLineBreakpoint.java:412)
    at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.breakpoints.FlexLineBreakpoint.instantiate(FlexLineBreakpoint.java:465)
    at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget.instantiateBreakpoint(FlexDebugTarget.java:1012)
    at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget.access$4(FlexDebugTarget.java:1006)
    at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget$FdbThread.installDeferredBreakpoints(FlexDebugTarget.java:637)
    at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget$FdbThread.advanceStateMachine(FlexDebugTarget.java:668)
    at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget$FdbThread.access$7(FlexDebugTarget.java:642)
    at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget$FdbThread$1.run(FlexDebugTarget.java:752)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
    at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget$FdbThread.eventLoop(FlexDebugTarget.java:732)
    at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget$FdbThread.run(FlexDebugTarget.java:793)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aha! found this entry with some judicious googling: http://www.fingersdancing.net/2008/06/flex-debugger-crashing-eclipse-safari.html

That related to OS X rather than Windows, but I deleted the line starting "PreloadSwf" from my mm.cfg file and the problem is solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2011 Jul 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aargh, it's stopped again. The rogue line had come back in the mm.cfg file but even after removing it my browser hangs when I try to debug. This needs to get sorted quickly or I'm thinking of ditching Flex for future development.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2011 Jul 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Flashfirebug extension disabled and now working - forgot I had that installed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines