Skip navigation
JasonRPh
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe X - How to default to open with navigation bar and full screen?

Jul 2, 2011 5:28 AM

Hi,

I had been using Adobe 9.  But then a few weeks ago it ran into a "search" bug in which the word being searched wouldn't highlight on the page.  So...I switched to Adobe X.

Here is my problem.  When I open a PDF file now, it defaults to having this "Navigation Pane" open on the left (paper clip, binoculars, etc).  For every document I use I have to "close" this pain (right click, select close), which then triggers this little tool on the bottom of the document to open up, which I then have to click the "Show Adobe Reader Toolbar" button to get the toolbar I need at the top of the screen.  Then I need to click "fit to window length and enable scrolling."

This seems like a LOT of steps to get to where I used to be.

Any thoughts or help?

Thanks in advance,

Jason

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 2, 2011 1:17 PM   in reply to JasonRPh

Follow the process you outlined in your post to get the navigation toolbar (the one that allows you to save, print etc.) on the top of the page.  Once the tool bar is at the top of the page, right click over the document and select "page display preferences."  This will pull up a screen that has a column with a number of options listed on the left.  Click on the "Documents" option (second from the top on the upper left corner of the screen) this will bring up all of the document options on the right side of the screen and will allow you change the document settings.

The first options listed on this screen are listed under "Open Settings", make sure that the first box under Open Settings, the box next to "Restore last view setting when reopening documents" is checked.  Once the box is checked, hit "Okay" on the bottom right portion of the screen to save the setting.  Now when you close the document, all subsequent documents will open with the navigation toolbar on the top of the page.

-Jenn

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 7, 2011 3:46 PM   in reply to JasonRPh

DITTO

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status