Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Why do I get blank placements and no images?

Jul 5, 2011 10:11 PM

When I try to add the sample images with the  Add Images To Project or Drag and Drop images into the Lens Profile Creator I get blank placements in the thumbnail strip and no images in the larger preview area.

Any ideas as to what is going wrong.

I am using Window 7 64

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 30, 2011 7:21 AM   in reply to Audiman90

I wish I knew. I have the same on an iMAC, even with the latest LPC.

|
    Mark as:
    May 21, 2012 10:22 AM   in reply to Audiman90

I am having the same problem.

When I loaded images into Lens Profile Creator the image files loaded, but the images appeared completely blank.

I tried on my old laptop computer, running Vista, with exactly the same software and images, and it worked OK.

The former computer is a decent desktop running Win 7, Photoshop CS5 & CS6.without any problems. The Laptop is slow so I need to get Lens Profile Creator running on my desktop.

|
    Mark as:
    May 21, 2012 11:43 AM   in reply to Audiman90

I effectively tried what you suggested by downloading another copy of the Lens Creation Profile software and installing that, it made no difference :-(   I tried reloading and re-booting before that.

I am surprised at this as all of the images display normally in Photoshop and in Bridge on the desktop.

I tried generating a profile on my desktop using dummy data for Screen Dimension (Pixels) for a singe focal length dataset and it generated a profile file.  My laptop failed to generate a profile.

What I am now trying is copying over the Screen Dimension (Pixels) from my laptop to my imageless desktop and trying to generate a 3 focal length profile.  At the same time I'm trying to generate a 3 focal length profile on my laptop. It is so slow.

The profile is for a Sony A850 with a Minolta AF 70-210, f3.5-4.5 lens.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 11, 2012 12:42 AM   in reply to pete loud

Same problem, reloaded software from zip files several times, still blank, even downloaded zip file again...  Common thread seems to be Win7 + x64 bit operating system?  Perhaps there is an incombatability?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 11, 2012 1:14 AM   in reply to Mandolin_Tim

So I downloaded again and tried, unzipped and tried again, same problem.  Downloaded the DNG Converter (7.1), converted the NEF's (I was using TIFFs created by PS5ext previously) to DNG's and reloaded LPC, added the DNG's to LPC still no images visible - now if I press Generate Profile it goes away thinks for a while and seems to come up with a profile, shows an exclamation mark over one or two of the 'blank' images and lets me save a profile but as I'm unable to see any of the grids the programme generates I have no confidence that the profile generated is correct or is likely to work. 

PC used is  i7 920 at 2.67GHz, using Win7 x64 Ultimate, 24Gb RAM, 2x500Gb system drives, 2x1Gb Data drives in RAID, it's not underspecced.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points