Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How do i create a website that allows customer to upload images and text?

Jul 6, 2011 12:13 AM

I need some help i have a friend who has asked me if i can create a website that allows them to upload their own images and text at their leisure.

His company is in the car sales trade so they need to regularly be updating their stock, and this needs to be done by somebody with limited computer knowledge so ease of use is fairly important.

I am using dreamweaver cs4 on a G5 Imac running Snow leopard 10.6.8, my skills are limited to creating uncomplicated websites but i am very keen to learn, i am aware of content management systems such as Druplal but have zero knowledge on how to use these.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Andy Barrington

www.andybarrington.com

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 6, 2011 4:00 AM   in reply to Andrew Barrington

I'm sure that there are open-source systems specifically for the automobile sales industry (just don't know of any).  One of those would be your best bet - but they will be quite a challenge for you (as would any CMS) if you have no experience with building dynamic pages/sites or with handling database-driven pages.  Either way, that would surely be the best way to go....

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Calculating status...
    Jul 6, 2011 4:47 AM   in reply to Andrew Barrington

You can take a read here

http://www.hotscripts.com/category/php/scripts-programs/classified-ads /autos/

http://icloudcenter.com/auto-dealer-car-sales-script.htm

Although putting together a form that would upload images and all the descriptions required seems like a fairly straghtforward project, depending on your current skill set.

Gary

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points