Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Can you "save" a form once it is filled out?

Nov 27, 2011 4:01 PM

Tags: #save_form

I am in the process of creating a form that will be filled out by several users who will need to get information from other sources, i.e:  information like insurance limits. 

Are they able to save the information they have already filled out in the form while waiting on the information from the other sources?

LF

Replies
  • Randy Swineford
    2,339 posts
    Mar 7, 2011
    Jul 7, 2011 1:54 PM   in reply to LF and LF

You cannot currently save the form across browser sessions. If you close the browser before submitting, the data will be lost. This is something we would like to support at some point but I can't say when.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Best,

Randy Swineford

FormsCentral product manager

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 23, 2011 12:50 PM   in reply to Randy Swineford

Is it possible to open the form seveal time at once in different browser windows so that the user can go back to chnage the response in a form before it is submitted?

|
    Mark as:
  • Randy Swineford
    2,339 posts
    Mar 7, 2011
    Jul 23, 2011 5:11 PM   in reply to CABC Office

You currently can't save a form then come back and submit it later. Using multiple browser wouldn't work.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Randy

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 3, 2011 12:15 PM   in reply to Randy Swineford

As a FormsCentral Plus subscriber, I'd like to also request form saving functionality! Specifically, the ability for users to begin work in a form, save it, and be able to return back to the form at some point (perhaps via unique URL) to either complete the form or enter in more data for saving.

Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
  • Randy Swineford
    2,339 posts
    Mar 7, 2011
    Aug 3, 2011 12:33 PM   in reply to GBIMicah

Thanks for the feedback. Could you provide a little more detail on your use case? What type of form is it? There are several ways for us to technically implement this feature so I wanted to understand your use case in more detail.

Thanks,

Randy Swineford

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 3, 2011 1:03 PM   in reply to Randy Swineford

Thanks for the quick response, Randy!

What I'm creating is a building site survey with a series of complex questions requiring the user to review separate documentation and/or physical building elements. In practice, the user would begin filling out the survey, filling in what they already know, and then have to come back to the same survey at a later time once they've reviewed the necessary documentation and/or building elements. It's a situation where we need all of the responses to the entire survey on one response form (ideally), but the end users will be filling out the varying survey questions at different dates and times. Only upon final submission of the completed survey would we need their responses.

I'm trying to figure out a workaround in the meantime, possibly using multiple surveys and redirects, but so far I'm still seeing problems with the collection of responses and in managing/communicating the multiple links required for such a workaround.

|
    Mark as:
  • Randy Swineford
    2,339 posts
    Mar 7, 2011
    Aug 14, 2011 8:20 PM   in reply to GBIMicah

Thank you for the details, that is extremely useful. I discussed this with our team and we couldn't figure out a work around for you in the short term - sorry.

Randy

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 24, 2012 9:30 AM   in reply to Randy Swineford

Has this idea of being able to save a form while filling it out so you can come back to it been developed yet?

|
    Mark as:
  • Randy Swineford
    2,339 posts
    Mar 7, 2011
    Apr 23, 2012 9:59 PM   in reply to LF and LF

We just added the ability to distribute your form as a fillable PDF form and have all of the data submitted back to FormsCentral. Your respondents can save the PDF form locally, fill it out, save, come back later to finish and then submit the data. I wrote up a forum post that explains it in more detail: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/994199

Please give it a try and send us your feedback on it.

Randy

|
    Mark as:
    May 30, 2012 7:22 PM   in reply to Randy Swineford

Unfortunately for me, the PDF does not support skip logic.  Are there any plans to provide a save and return feature that incorporates the skip logic?

|
    Mark as:
    May 31, 2012 9:06 AM   in reply to krose@nbme.org

Not at this time.  But you can submit your idea to the ideas section.  We use that to help guide what features we work on.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points