Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Flex in a week - day one - fail!

Jul 9, 2011 5:57 AM

Seems I can not even get to step one, this is really confusing me ...

I have downloaded the example files and put them in what I think is the correct directory but they are not shown in the package explorer.

Can I be this dim???

thanks for any help.

Liz

Screen shot 2011-07-09 at 13.51.48.pngScreen shot 2011-07-09 at 13.52.18.pngScreen shot 2011-07-09 at 13.52.45.png

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 9, 2011 8:40 PM   in reply to lizzylizzyliz

Hey,

Flash Builder does not always import projects folders you have placed in your workspace folder.  You have to manually import them using Flash Builder by selecting File > Import... then expanding the General folder and selecting Existing Projects Into Workspace (see image).  Click the Next button and use the dialog to select the root directory ( your workspace folder ) and import the projects you want.  All the ones you select will now show up in the Package Explorer view.

ImportDialog.png

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 9, 2011 11:23 PM   in reply to FlexualHealing

Liz - are you working with the Day 1 zip file? There is a readme file in that zip that walks you through the setup. The video titled "Using Flash Builder" also walks you through the steps of the setup and the third section of exercise 1 (http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flex/videotraining/exercises/ex1_01.html#a rticlecontentAdobe_numberedheader_1) walks you through the setup as well. The second section of that exercise walks you through the steps of using the project zip files that are on each individual exercise page. HTHs.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points