Skip navigation
apureheartdesign
Currently Being Moderated

How do I flatten and save an image for sending to a printer in Illustrator cs5?

Jul 9, 2011 2:32 PM

I have several files that I need to flatten to upload. I am new to Illustrator and to cs5. I have tried several things, but it doesn't seem to save it as one image or it doesn't look like a quality image. I need to save them in one of these formats:  adobe acrobat 9 document (*.pdf),  adobe illustrator cs3 artwork (*.ai), or adobe photoshop cs3 image (8.psd). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 28, 2011 5:26 PM   in reply to apureheartdesign

You shouldn't have to manually flatten anything to perform these funcitons -- Illustrator will handle any necessary flattening when these export functions are done.

To create a PDF file, choose File > Save As and then choose PDF for the File Format. If this is going to a printer, I'd suggest you choose the PDF/X-1a preset.

To create an Illustrator CS3 file, choose File > Save As and then choose Native Illustrator (AI) for the file format. In the next dialog, choose Illustrator CS3 as the compatible version.

To create a Photoshop PSD file, choose File > Export and then choose Photoshop (PSD) for the File Format. Make sure you choose a high enough resolution (300ppi should be fine).

Mordy

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points