Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Exporting the overprint preview to an image(rasterized)

Jul 13, 2011 2:45 AM

Hi,

Is it possible to make a raster art object with the AIRasterizeSuite that takes into account the overprint preview ?

Today it is possible with Rasterize command of Illustrator(Object->Rasterize) but it converts our selection in a raster object. When the export is done, we need to undo the command to get back our objects. We need to export our document with the overprint preview several times so the cycle Rasterize<=> Undo becomes tedious.

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 13, 2011 6:58 AM   in reply to nosleduc

It sounds like you're asking for a method for doing this in Illustrator, not code. Are you asking if you can do this in a plugin, in a script, or what?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 13, 2011 8:50 AM   in reply to nosleduc

Ok. Well, yes, you can definitely do that. Though the method will still create raster objects, at least it won't force you to hit undo When you use the AIRasterize suite you get a kRasterArt object but it leaves the source alone. You can just delete the raster when you're done, after you've looted it for its gooey pixel goodness.

There's also the AIImageOptimization suite, which actually (I think) sends a rasterization of art directly to a file. When you use the AIRasterize suite, you'll have to to either figure out how to get AI to export the raster, or get its contents, interpret them and write them out in whatever format you want. That's obviously the more flexible way, but its a lot of work. If you can get the AIImageOptimationSuite to do what you need I'd try that. I haven't used it though, so I don't have much to offer in the way of advice on it -- perhaps someone else who has can help?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 13, 2011 9:11 AM   in reply to nosleduc

There's an API in AIRaster.h:

AIAPI AIErr (*SetOverprint) ( AIArtHandle raster, AIBoolean enable);

Have you tried that? I don't know much about overprint, so I'm just search the API for 'overprint' and seeing what I get.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points