Skip navigation
christian.junk
Currently Being Moderated

Where to find the sources for flex-rds-server.jar?

Jul 14, 2011 8:33 AM

Hi!

I'm currently working on an upgrade of the Grails BlazeDS 4 Integration Plugin from Sebastien Arbogast and Burt Beckwith. I'm going to upgrade it to Spring BlazeDS Integration 1.5.0.RELEASE and Grails 1.3.7.

When using the latest flex-rds-server.jar from the BlazeDS release, the Java Introspector doesn't work because it is unaware of groovy.lang.MetaClass used for the Grails Domain Objects.

I would like to "patch" the classes in the flex-rds-server.jar but I can't find the sources. Aren't they available? Could you provide me with the sources?

Best regards,

Christian

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 30, 2011 3:34 AM   in reply to christian.junk

Hi Christian.

I had this very same question one week ago. After a long google search session without answers I posted a note in the stack overflow forum (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8290982/flex-rds-server-license).

As far as I could figure out this jar is part of Flash Builder IDE. It's binary cames compiled with BlazeDS but it's not part of BlazeDS. I think it's not open source at all.

You do only need it in developing time - I saw some hints on internet saying to remove it when going to production to avoid security issues.

I hope it helps.

Woody

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points