Skip navigation
funkbomb
Currently Being Moderated

Timecode popup blocks mouse when dragging on timeline

Jul 18, 2011 6:28 PM

When I'm dragging a clip, a small yellow box appears next to the mouse to tell me the timecode of the clip I'm dragging. However, it's a dead zone for the mouse, meaning if I'm trying to drag the clip to the track below, for example, the move will cancel if I try to release the clip overtop the yellow box.

mouse.jpg

"Nickpicking," you might say, except it makes fine control over an edit incredibly difficult when you consider having to avoid a yellow box that pops up unpredictably, and let's be honest, it's the small things that can make an edit easy or tedious. In fact, if you're trying to squeeze a clip down to the track below it, your target area becomes that tiny slice of space between the top of the box and the top of the track layer.

This is CS5, not CS5.5, on a 2010 Mac Pro.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 18, 2011 6:33 PM   in reply to funkbomb

I have experienced this as well and believe its a bug in the 5.xx versions and not the 5.5 versions of Premiere.

Ray

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 19, 2011 12:57 AM   in reply to funkbomb

Works fine for me in 5.0.3 on Win 7 Pro, GTX 460, driver 270.33.  No problems dropping over the yellow box.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 9, 2011 4:40 PM   in reply to funkbomb

I was thinking that one could turn Tooltips OFF, but could not find it in PrPro. Guess that I was thinking of a couple of other Adobe programs, where one CAN turn them OFF.

Unless I just missed it, I'd say that is a good candidate for a Feature Request.

Maybe another person can tell us both how to turn them OFF in PrPro.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 25, 2012 8:00 AM   in reply to funkbomb

Ugh. I HATE the tool tips in PPro CS6! They seem to popup even faster than they did in CS5.5. Adobe, fix these annoyances! At least give us the option to disable.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 25, 2012 10:20 AM   in reply to willgt09

willgt09 wrote:

Ugh. I HATE the tool tips in PPro CS6! They seem to popup even faster than they did in CS5.5. Adobe, fix these annoyances! At least give us the option to disable.

I find them annoying, as well. An option to disable tooltips is a hot topic around the water cooler. I suggest you make a bug report: http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 25, 2012 10:33 AM   in reply to Kevin Monahan

Yep...******* HATE the tool tips... most annoying thing ever. Agree to make a feature request to disable them.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 25, 2012 4:27 PM   in reply to Thrill Media

Thrill Media wrote:

Yep...******* HATE the tool tips... most annoying thing ever. Agree to make a feature request to disable them.

Thanks in advance for the feature request. I'll make sure the powers that be see it.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points