Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Shockwave will not install on Mac OSX 10.7 (Lion)

Jul 21, 2011 6:48 AM

I just tried to install Shockwave player, after updating to OSX Lion.  The install program says it's incompatible with this OS.  You can continue the install anyway, but the software won't run in any browser I tried (Chrome/Safari).  I looked on the Adobe site, and known problems are listed for every Adobe software but Shockwave.  Anyone else have this problem?  Should Adobe add Shockwave to the list of possible conflicts with OCX Lion?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 22, 2011 11:12 AM   in reply to tykockin

When I open Safari "Preferences" then click the"Privacy" tab I get the following

Untitled.jpg

I followed the instructions but the pop error happens everytime AND..... oddly enough While I was creating the message this window kept popping up sometime 4 and 5 times

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 10, 2011 8:16 AM   in reply to tykockin

Install the 64-bit version and it should work. For me it was not the default download on the Shockwave player download page.

Do not set Safari to run in 32-bit mode.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 23, 2011 5:44 AM   in reply to domochome

I installed the 64-bit version, and the installer reported installation successful, but Safari reports "missing plug-in."  This is on a Macbook.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 23, 2011 5:24 PM   in reply to edinburgh111

Thanks

How do i check if i have a 32 or 64 bit version?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 22, 2011 12:22 AM   in reply to edinburgh111

I have the same problem on a 2 month old Macbook Pro. I installed the 64, it said it installed, at first it said "plug-in failure" but then switched to "missing plug-in". I can't figure out what's going wrong.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points