Skip navigation
Stubbed Toe
Currently Being Moderated

images in my fla. have turned red

Jul 24, 2011 3:59 PM

hi - i've just opened my fla file and most of the images have turned red. Any ideas?

Cheers

Rick

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 24, 2011 4:01 PM   in reply to Stubbed Toe

That is usually indicative of the images being removed from the library.  Are they missing from the library?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 24, 2011 4:29 PM   in reply to Stubbed Toe

You are not breaking apart the image you brought in, just a copy of it.  So if you followup by deleting the image (jpg/gif/etc) that you imported, you remove the source that the copy needs.

If you were to use the Trace Bitmap command (Modify -> Bitmap -> Trace Bitmap)  instead of the Break Apart, then you would end up with something that doesn't require keeping the original image around.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 24, 2011 5:02 PM   in reply to Stubbed Toe

If you still have all the library objects with the little green tree cons, then I can't say why things turned red, though I would guess that somehow the images have been disconnected from the symbols (or vice versa)  That's assuming the objects you are saying are red are the ones that hold images.  You might try searching Google to see if anyone else has a this problem and discovered a different cause for it.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 25, 2011 5:27 PM   in reply to Stubbed Toe

Yes, Ned is correct. The original link to the image has been deleted.

@ Stubbed Toe, which version of Flash were you running? Did you rename the image, move folder with image inside, or rename folder?

Thanks,

Quynh

Flash Authoring, QE

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 5, 2013 7:53 AM   in reply to Stubbed Toe

I am not quite sure what the exact problem is, but I think that the problem is that the image is too big when imported into the stage.  Upon dragging the image in, Flash will need more RAM to process such an image.  The only solution I've found is to reduce the size of the image, or to get a faster RAM card.

Source : http://blog.anselmbradford.com/2008/11/13/imported-image-renders-as-bi g-red-box-in-flash-cs3/

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points