Skip navigation
danpeer
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe losing it?

Jul 24, 2011 3:59 PM

Adobe seems to have an attitude problem - I hope it's not losing it...

I am downloading the latest version of flash player.

1. First of all, it seems to always want to load something else with it - the default setting is to also download and install McAfee, Chrome etc. - you need to un-select it if you don't want it. I thought that by now the world has learned that this kind of default options is politically wrong! I don't wan to see Adobe engaging in it, regardless of how much extra revenue it may bring. It is wrong. The screen could ask politely "would you also like to try this or that?" and the default setting should be NO.

2. After downloading it, tried to run it - it wants me to close my browser. It is not convenient for me to do that now so I decide to postpone the whole process. I go to the place where the download resides, and try to delete it. IT DOESN'T LET ME! IT WANTS A PASSWORD! Now Adobe is not letting me simple delete its download on my own computer?

3. This is my first time on these forums. The process of getting here was really difficult, time consuming, and extremely unfriendly. I could not find a place to simply go and file a complaints. I could not set up an account on the forums without going through a lot of hoops, requiring me to register some product etc. I ended up chatting with a support person who did me a big favour and set me up - I still don't know if I could have done this on my own. I am a highly experienced and intelligent user, I have been around forever, been there and done that, seen untold number of sites and forums, and I am telling you - this place is not nice and friendly. Again, if this company is going to continue to thrive, it must change or else run a chance of losing it all to somebody else who will.

Everything here smacks of the kind of attitude that has brought many companies down. I don't want to see if happen here.

Dan Peer

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 25, 2011 11:01 AM   in reply to danpeer

It appears you are having problems with the Flash Player. Support for that is offered here:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/webplayers/flash_player

Please include information about the version of Flash Player you are trying to install as well as your OS.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 31, 2011 1:41 PM   in reply to danpeer

Danpeer,

I am a Volunteer host. I do not work for Adobe. These are User to User forums. The Adobe Marketplace was a forum related to purchasing Air products.

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/marketplaace/index.cfm?event=marketplace. home&marketplaceid=1

These are User to User forums. Adobe personell frequent these forums on their own time. There is one forum in which Adobe has an official presence:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/adobedotcom_feedback

Personally, I tihnk the best way to address Adobe is via traditional mail to the CEO:

Corporate headquarters

Adobe Systems Incorporated
    345 Park Avenue
    San Jose, CA 95110-2704

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers